BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching to find a thread on this but couldnt find anything. what are your thoughts? in a straight line who wins? i thought i read somewhere the c63 was doing 0-60 in like 4.1. Is the new C really faster?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
neone?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Such a big motor in such a small car, I wouldn't be surprised if it was ridiculous. My co-worker wants one real bad.

·
Registered
432 Posts
well look at it this way; if you watch the video that Gustav has from the sweden races... the e92 m3 vs m6

m6 is ahead from prolly zero to 80 with the m3 being by its rear wheels, after that the m6 starts pulling away quite jurastically..

and i know the c63 is faster then the e92 m3 in a straight from zero to 60 by like .3-.4 so.

im guessing c63 vs m6.. c63 with a good launch (because it will most likely spin with all the power watch youtube videos topgear describes it as a car that gets insanely loose) might get the edge on the m6 and the m6 will prolly be by the c63's rear wheels, but im guessin after like 80-90 the m6 will even it out and take the lead by 120+

There is my "estimate":thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts

Like it has been said before the M6 will overcome at 120+... But i would take an M6 anyday over the C63.... Gotta love BMW M power :M5launch:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Like it has been said before the M6 will overcome at 120+... But i would take an M6 anyday over the C63.... Gotta love BMW M power :M5launch:
BMW all the way thats for sure... went from an e46 330xi, to x5 4.8is, to an m6! Could not be happier with any of those cars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
BMW all the way thats for sure... went from an e46 330xi, to x5 4.8is, to an m6! Could not be happier with any of those cars.
Congrats!!!!! The M6 is an amazing car... :cheers:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'd take the m6 over the c63 any day, that never crossed my mind i was just wondering what the comparison would be like. a friend of mine wants to get the c63 real bad im wondering how it would stack up to an m6 (hopefully i will upgrade to one soon and just throw my e-race right on there from my car now)

·
Registered
141 Posts
The c63 will eat you in day to day traffic. It's engine has a lot more torque, just flooring it will do, while you in your M6 will first have to press the power button, select the right gear, rev it up to 5000 rpm and go. Great sound as well in the c63.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The c63 will eat you in day to day traffic. It's engine has a lot more torque, just flooring it will do, while you in your M6 will first have to press the power button, select the right gear, rev it up to 5000 rpm and go. Great sound as well in the c63.
hmmm

·
Registered
432 Posts
or maybe, you can already have the power button on, be in the right gear and be ready to blow the little thing away what are you tryin to say :blabla:

the benz auto tranny is good, but not as good as smg, by the time the it does the "kick down" mode and the car decides to shift to the lowest gear, the smg will be outta there

·
Registered
302 Posts
or maybe, you can already have the power button on, be in the right gear and be ready to blow the little thing away what are you tryin to say :blabla:

the benz auto tranny is good, but not as good as smg, by the time the it does the "kick down" mode and the car decides to shift to the lowest gear, the smg will be outta there
1. i will bet my car in a race against a c63 lol...of course im modded, but still. the m6 and c63 are not even in the same class, and it really depends on where u look as far as numbers goes, because ive seen the m3 e92 have slightly faster or slower numbers as the c63, depending on the source.
2.as far as the tranny goes, i have an e63 amg as well, and, ready for this, the kick down on the m6 is much faster than it is on the e63...when u stomp the gas in the amg, the car will shift once, and then shift again, as if searching for the right gear...however with the m6, one shift and you're gone.

·
Registered
432 Posts
1. i will bet my car in a race against a c63 lol...of course im modded, but still. the m6 and c63 are not even in the same class, and it really depends on where u look as far as numbers goes, because ive seen the m3 e92 have slightly faster or slower numbers as the c63, depending on the source.
2.as far as the tranny goes, i have an e63 amg as well, and, ready for this, the kick down on the m6 is much faster than it is on the e63...when u stomp the gas in the amg, the car will shift once, and then shift again, as if searching for the right gear...however with the m6, one shift and you're gone.

yep thats what i mean, the benz tranny is way to slow!

·
Registered
302 Posts
sounds like you need to drive the car a little harder or clear the adaptive settings.
well i dunno about the adaptive settings, but as far as driving the car hard, i drive it almost as hard as i drive the m6, and those who have been out with me on the board know that its def hard enough lol...i havent had the car for overly long; only going on i think 2 months now, maybe a little less...what are you referring to as far as the adaptive settings?

·
Registered
487 Posts
well i dunno about the adaptive settings, but as far as driving the car hard, i drive it almost as hard as i drive the m6, and those who have been out with me on the board know that its def hard enough lol...i havent had the car for overly long; only going on i think 2 months now, maybe a little less...what are you referring to as far as the adaptive settings?
mb transmissions learn and adapt to their owners' driving style. if you drive like a granny to and from work for a day or two then try to stomp on it the transmission won't downshift as many gears or downshift as quickly. if you drive it like you stole it and then romp on it, the car will immediately put you back in the seat. you can try the "sneaky ecu reset" or you can disconnect the battery for 10min to reset the adaptive settings. i'd be willing to bet you'll be surprised at how the transmission behaves afterwards. i really wish there was a tuner that could get rid of or alter the adaptiveness.

·
Registered
302 Posts
mb transmissions learn and adapt to their owners' driving style. if you drive like a granny to and from work for a day or two then try to stomp on it the transmission won't downshift as many gears or downshift as quickly. if you drive it like you stole it and then romp on it, the car will immediately put you back in the seat. you can try the "sneaky ecu reset" or you can disconnect the battery for 10min to reset the adaptive settings. i'd be willing to bet you'll be surprised at how the transmission behaves afterwards. i really wish there was a tuner that could get rid of or alter the adaptiveness.
yeah between the way me, and my friend (who drives the car on a consistent basis) drive that car, it should definitely be shifting faster than it does based on what u said...what is the "sneaky ecu reset"? may be worth a try to see what happens...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
the m6 and c63 are not even in the same class, and it really depends on where u look as far as numbers goes, because ive seen the m3 e92 have slightly faster or slower numbers as the c63, depending on the source.
As said, these cars are NOT in the same class...compare the c63 to the M3e92....that's more of a fair race...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts