BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 997s gets the verdict,being more communicative,alllowing it to be driven faster through bends although the m6 produces similar grip.
The M6 is criticised for being too remote aginast the 997s ,but is hailed as a better GT even though the 997 ride is superior.
In a straight line the M6 crushes the 997s .
THey also make the price point a 997s is £65k here and an M6 is £80k ,however they don't allow for the options which if you spec a 997 up to M6 equipment would cost roughly the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
markf said:
The 997s gets the verdict,being more communicative,alllowing it to be driven faster through bends although the m6 produces similar grip.
The M6 is criticised for being too remote aginast the 997s ,but is hailed as a better GT even though the 997 ride is superior.
In a straight line the M6 crushes the 997s .
THey also make the price point a 997s is £65k here and an M6 is £80k ,however they don't allow for the options which if you spec a 997 up to M6 equipment would cost roughly the same.
Yes but the opening para, describes the M6 leaving th 997S for dead through "an opening third gear, right hander.."

Not really suprised that the 997 is quicker through the tighter corners and probably over most shorter twisty circuits, but I am not so worried, as a daily driver/ GT the M6 is much more suitable for my needs.

Interesting that BMW had "sneakily fitted" racing pads to this car! Showing obvious concern about journalists writing about possible brake fade.

Do you think that colour is Sepang Bronze+ Sepang Bronze leather? I had discounted it but looks good in the article, may consider.
:M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnny73 said:
Yes but the opening para, describes the M6 leaving th 997S for dead through "an opening third gear, right hander.."

Not really suprised that the 997 is quicker through the tighter corners and probably over most shorter twisty circuits, but I am not so worried, as a daily driver/ GT the M6 is much more suitable for my needs.

Interesting that BMW had "sneakily fitted" racing pads to this car! Showing obvious concern about journalists writing about possible brake fade.

Do you think that colour is Sepang Bronze+ Sepang Bronze leather? I had discounted it but looks good in the article, may consider.
:M5launch:

Not sure johhny what that colour is ,thought it was bronze,then grey ,then dunno .
Do any dealers have swatches ? I can't believe how poor the customer service is on buying a new car from BMW.They messed up the spec on my e39 M5 and now they limit the colour options you can have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
markf said:
Not sure johhny what that colour is ,thought it was bronze,then grey ,then dunno .
Do any dealers have swatches ? I can't believe how poor the customer service is on buying a new car from BMW.They messed up the spec on my e39 M5 and now they limit the colour options you can have.
Pretty sure it's Sepang Bronze, look at photo above interior shot it has a real brownish tinge. Don't know if dealers will have swatches yet, only thing we can go on at the moment are pictures on this board and hopefully videos soon.:M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Porsche's pricing is very deceiving,fairly low base price does not tell the whole story.
The 997S Cab ,that I traded my S600 for last weekend,pretty well loaded,has base price at $88,900 and as equipped:$110,985.
I don't expect the M6,even loaded with options,to exceed that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
absent said:
Porsche's pricing is very deceiving,fairly low base price does not tell the whole story.
The 997S Cab ,that I traded my S600 for last weekend,pretty well loaded,has base price at $88,900 and as equipped:$110,985.
I don't expect the M6,even loaded with options,to exceed that price.
You are wrong, here in Germany a 997 S is 85.000 € and the M6 is 106.500 €. Even if you subtract all options the M6 has, you get 997 S 85.000 € and the M6 99.000 €. So in this case it is 14.000 € more expensive. In case of a cabrio the difference is about 4.000 €. But you are comparing a cabrio with a coupé.

AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
mumbasic said:
You are wrong, here in Germany a 997 S is 85.000 € and the M6 is 106.500 €. Even if you subtract all options the M6 has, you get 997 S 85.000 € and the M6 99.000 €. So in this case it is 14.000 € more expensive. In case of a cabrio the difference is about 4.000 €. But you are comparing a cabrio with a coupé.

AM
Wrong and wrong. I believe different countries price different?


Anyway. Any scans or performance numbers from Autocar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Just_me said:
Wrong and wrong. I believe different countries price different?


Anyway. Any scans or performance numbers from Autocar?
What price do you have to pay for a 997 S? and what for a M6?

AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Just_me said:
Wrong and wrong. I believe different countries price different?


Anyway. Any scans or performance numbers from Autocar?
In USA the prices are:

997 S without VAT is 79.000 $
645 Ci Cabrio without VAT 78.000 $
M6 ???

M6 is in Germany 26.500 € more expensive then the 645 Ci Cab. This is about 33%. So if it will be the same in US then the M6 would be 104.000 $.

AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
mumbasic said:
In USA the prices are:

997 S without VAT is 79.000 $
645 Ci Cabrio without VAT 78.000 $
M6 ???

M6 is in Germany 26.500 € more expensive then the 645 Ci Cab. This is about 33%. So if it will be the same in US then the M6 would be 104.000 $.

AM
Okey, but anyway, 911 S and M6 arent exactly the same type of car. M6 compete against SL55 and CLS55 in my opinion. Those who want something rawer and sportier buy a Porsche.
I heard something that Porsche is releasing a car to go against 6-serie and CLS. Camera,Camara or something, is it true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
I'm not wrong,of all the people, I know the best what $$ I had to pay for the 997.
A base 997 is in need of a lot of options to make it a decent car nowadays,not everyone is satisfied with a bare bones Porsche anymore.
I repeat,my car's MSRP was $110,985 and I don't believe it will be exceeded by the M6,regardless of the pricing for these cars in Germany.
That is my belief only,what the actual price of the M6 will be ,only time will show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Just_me said:
Okey, but anyway, 911 S and M6 arent exactly the same type of car. M6 compete against SL55 and CLS55 in my opinion. Those who want something rawer and sportier buy a Porsche.
I heard something that Porsche is releasing a car to go against 6-serie and CLS. Camera,Camara or something, is it true?
So far ,they call it Panamera,stupid name in my opinion and hopefully it will change .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
absent said:
I'm not wrong,of all the people, I know the best what $$ I had to pay for the 997.
A base 997 is in need of a lot of options to make it a decent car nowadays,not everyone is satisfied with a bare bones Porsche anymore.
I repeat,my car's MSRP was $110,985 and I don't believe it will be exceeded by the M6,regardless of the pricing for these cars in Germany.
That is my belief only,what the actual price of the M6 will be ,only time will show.
yes, i agree with you.
the base price of 911 really doesn't tell the whole story. you really need to get few essential options (such as xenon light) in order for it to be comparably well equiped. and a fully loaded 996 Carrera can cost as much as a 996 Turbo.

i am telling you, Porsche's option list is very scary. you can easily spend tens of thousands of dollars just by ticking options on that option list. :hihi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
absent said:
I'm not wrong,of all the people, I know the best what $$ I had to pay for the 997.
A base 997 is in need of a lot of options to make it a decent car nowadays,not everyone is satisfied with a bare bones Porsche anymore.
I repeat,my car's MSRP was $110,985 and I don't believe it will be exceeded by the M6,regardless of the pricing for these cars in Germany.
That is my belief only,what the actual price of the M6 will be ,only time will show.
I think you have put everything in the car including ceramic brakes. Every car manufacturer offers today something like individual car manufacturing. Porsche is doing this for years, BMW has now BMW individual where you can spend a lot of money. Just go to the car bulider from BMW USA and build a fully equiped 645 CI Cabrio and you will se you will pay the same amount.

AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
mumbasic said:
I think you have put everything in the car including ceramic brakes. Every car manufacturer offers today something like individual car manufacturing. Porsche is doing this for years, BMW has now BMW individual where you can spend a lot of money. Just go to the car bulider from BMW USA and build a fully equiped 645 CI Cabrio and you will se you will pay the same amount.

AM
I did not order the car that way,someone cancelled the deal and I happened to be there when it became available.
It has Tip that I would prefer not to have but all the rest of the options make the car very nice,comparable in features/toys with SLs,645CiC or Jaguar XK.
No ultra expensive Carbon fibers,woods or special finish leathers in it,just the options that I expect standard in that class of a car.
Porsche deceives its customers when they advertise their "base "price,in practicality very few of their cars come equipped that way.
Their option list is crazy indeed,just looked at a Cayenne TT with the MSRP at
$133k!!
Lots of these so called "options" should be standard equipment,like in other cars,but then Porsche would have to raise their base prices and they would not do that for marketing reasons probably.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top