BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conclusion: "The M6 is doing well. He is fast, he turns you on. It's beefy V10 engine and the with-brute-force shifting SMG deliver top-class driving results. Nevertheless, he is more a luxury coupe than a sport car; despite of its cutting performance the M6's strong points are daily-use and long-journey ability. The Ferrari on the contrary is a pure driving-machine, it causes the pulse to quicken; neither the automatic transmission nor the elegant leather trim changes that fact. The thoroughgoing sporty steering and suspension as well as the brutish engine will rise your hormone level. All that is verified by the fact that the 575M is faster on the track."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
More performance for the money compared to 575M. Suddenly M6 feel like a bargain kinggf

·
Registered
904 Posts
Interesting that it is faster on the track according to the author. The only acceleration performance category where the M6 failed to beat the 575M was the 100-200 km/h., please correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case, the type of track would have a significant influence on this comparison.

F-cars are cool and all, but the GT types 550/575/612 do, or will take HUGE depreciation hits (355/360/430's do much better at holding value). I personally never understood the Ferrari GT thing. For the kind of money they get for them, there are so many other options available that do a better job for less cash.

Here in the U.S. the 575M will be 2 to 2.5 times the price of the M6!ouich For that kind of premium it **** well better beat the M6 at something!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Is it just me? Is it true? Can this be? Brace yourself......I sort of like the M6's look better!!mmmmmm The performance and reliability is a no brainer.

Quick, run for cover!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MaxTimeOff said:
Is it just me? Is it true? Can this be? Brace yourself......I sort of like the M6's look better!!mmmmmm The performance and reliability is a no brainer.

Quick, run for cover!!
The more you look at the M6 the more you like its bizarre disign! I don't think you will grow tired of the M6 once it is standing in your garage. :cool:

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
MaxTimeOff said:
. The only acceleration performance category where the M6 failed to beat the 575M was the 100-200 km/h., please correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong, at least based on this test. The M6 was much faster than the 575....... Look at the numbers.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Does anybody know what tyres we are receiving off the factory at delivery? The P-Zero Corsa tyres used in many of the tests are a significant factor to the outstanding numbers we read.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
greggb said:
Can someone translate what they say about the LC???? Pleez!
They only explain how to do a LC start. That's all.

Turn off DSC, select P500 programme, and choose the 6th (fastest) shift speed. Go from N into the 1st gear and don't let off the lever. Floor the accelerator (the engine revs up about 4000) and then let the lever go. The M6 launches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts