BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the waiting list for both an M5 and M6 and fluctuate between the two.The biggest obstacle for me in regards to the M6 are the projected prices.The most recent issue of Autoweek magazine which features the M6 on the cover estimates the price at 95k .This is certainly better then the 110-120k that I have seen on this board.How reliable does anyone feel that this estimate of 95k is?I have not seen any estimate lower then 100k anywhere else.I currently have a 2002 911 TT and do not want to reach the same price range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
If it comes at $95k it would be a tremendous value as a car.
M6 would be my first choice over the M5,however the delivery of the first will be supposedly almost a year after the latter and I don't want to wait that long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
absent said:
M6 would be my first choice over the M5,however the delivery of the first will be supposedly almost a year after the latter and I don't want to wait that long.
In Germany selling of the M5 started in April and first M6s are being delivered now in May. Why should BMW release the M6 one year after the M5 in the USA? That does not make sense!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
There is the same delivery problem in Canada...dealer is expecting the M5 in the Fall and the M6 in the Spring. It is irritating if it is still an '06 model when they deliver it that late. I got my 645 in April '04 and it was still an '04.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
rob1 said:
I am on the waiting list for both an M5 and M6 and fluctuate between the two.The biggest obstacle for me in regards to the M6 are the projected prices.The most recent issue of Autoweek magazine which features the M6 on the cover estimates the price at 95k .This is certainly better then the 110-120k that I have seen on this board.How reliable does anyone feel that this estimate of 95k is?I have not seen any estimate lower then 100k anywhere else.I currently have a 2002 911 TT and do not want to reach the same price range.
The people at Autoweek are idiots. Their first article on the M5 had perhaps 5 or 6 major technical mistakes, including several wrong numbers. I don't think the M6 will list for $95 when the M5 will be listing at around $85K. Also, a fully optioned 645 coupe runs $80K. Figure around $105 K list with another $10K available in options. If it does list for $95K, that is very low IMO, and seems like a heck of a bargain.

I'm hearing an October/November release in the US for the M5, and a late spring, early summer 2006 release for the M6. I agree it sucks if they call that a 2006 car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
i believe every reference i've seen for the US M6 is as a 2007MY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
m630 said:
i believe every reference i've seen for the US M6 is as a 2007MY
That will be a trick then if they release a 2007 car in May 2006. Will they then have an 18 month run of 2007 cars?

They have pretty consistently released their cars in October for the next calendar year model. Of course, with the proper marketing, anything is possible I guess.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
Smaller volume models some times come out at different times. The Z8 hit the market in August 2000. Who knows. Maybe they do May 2006 and call it a 2006 and just do half a year. I have no idea. I just know when it comes out it will be great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Don't forget, in NA BMW is calling the 530i and xi and 525i MY2006 and that began in March. It was due to the new R6 engine, but they do have disclaimers in all sales brochures that a model year can be less than or more than 12 months and they reserve the right to change whenever they **** well please or words to that effect:)

Sometimes its due to DOT certification issues in the US, but I'm sure there is some marketing factor as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Wolverine said:
That will be a trick then if they release a 2007 car in May 2006. Will they then have an 18 month run of 2007 cars?
Wasn't the 745 released several months early (like early half of 01) and called an 02 model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
When the current SL500 ws released a few years ago by Mercedes it was avalable in Spring 2002 as a 2003 model..so I think it's up to the manufacturer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Did they really say 95K or even a 100K?

that just dosen't make sense at all.
you all lookin to pay 120 - 150K with out taxes
and u r lucky if that waiting list works, some people got there M6, at least one member here and i think you will see the M6 this year i would guess november as a 2006 model, don't know about the M5 but it will be sooner...
I hope im wrong about the price but look at the germen
price posted some where here ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
If BMW wants to sell cars they better be at 100k. I have no interest in the M6 if it even gets close to 120K. The M5 made money because they sold them ( alot). We will see. Really no reason to worry. As far as lists, I'm on one but I think they are crap. If I show up at a dealer with 100K in the US they will find me a car. It may take a few months but I will get a car.

frank
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top