BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The press release reads:

"A special development for the BMW M6 is adjustable backrest width incorporating pneumatic adjustment features".

I thought this is already in the E60 M5, which are the folding/adjustable sides. So what am I missing? Any guesses? They look pretty similar to the M5 seats.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:
The press release reads:

"A special development for the BMW M6 is adjustable backrest width incorporating pneumatic adjustment features".

I thought this is already in the E60 M5, which are the folding/adjustable sides. So what am I missing? Any guesses? They look pretty similar to the M5 seats.
The M5 only has got ajustable seat-side-bolsters that give your thighs a perfect hold. The M6 also seems to have ajustable backrest-side-bolsters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
The M5 only has got ajustable seat-side-bolsters that give your thighs a perfect hold. The M6 also seems to have ajustable backrest-side-bolsters.
that is not true, there will be also a "M Multifunktionssitz" available as option. it includes active ajustable backrest-side-bolsters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
9852147 said:
that is not true, there will be also a "M Multifunktionssitz" available as option. it includes active ajustable backrest-side-bolsters.
I cannot find this option in the price-list (neither M5 nor M6), but the official M6 flyer already mentions ajustable backrest-side-bolsters. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Grey_ashes said:
The 7 series seat has something similar to this right?!??????
yes and no.

ajustable backrest-side-bolsters means, that you can ajust backrest-side-bolsters with a button. so the seat is wider or a little bit mor tight if you need more support in corners. so the seat will suit the needs of small and big persons... this feature is available in the 7series, the new m5, m6 and in the 5series (comfort seats) and also an option for the 1series. i know that, because i drove one with these seats...

BUT:

ACTIVE backrest-side-bolsters means, the side bolsters are ajusted automaticly depending on your driving style (g-forces while cornering). i think it is a similiar system to the mercedes seats and also the new porsche seats.

any questions left?



:thumbsup:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top