BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..I am new to the boards but not the BMW community. I used to race an E36 M3 years ago and miss every day of it. What brings this up is I have been looking all over for an '07 M6 and was cruising the Autotrader when I came across an ad for low mileage, 2007 M6 for $22,000. Obviously the bells went off and I knew it was either a scam or a salvaged mess pieced back together. Either way I was curious as to the reasoning so I sent them an email..Here is the response they sent tonight @ 9:30pm CST

Hello and sorry for my delayed answer ,

We appreciate your interest in buying our 2007 BMW M6. It is still for sale at the price of $22,000.
We want to assure you that there's nothing wrong with it ,exactly as you see in the photos.
The vehicle is registered on my husband's name and the title is clear title with no liens or loans.
It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It has always been garaged and the regular maintenance was done on time.
It wasn't involved in any accidents and it has never suffered any kind of damage. Also I would like to mention that this is a non-smoker vehicle.
It runs perfect, it rides perfect and it has been babied its whole life. It's as good as BRAND NEW. Here is a list of all its extra features:

Automatic Transmission
Alloy Wheels
Custom Wheels
New Tires
Premium Wheels
Ride Control
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Dual Climate Control
Heated Mirrors
Leather Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Seats
Power Steering
Tinted Windows
Alarm, AM/FM Radio
Anti-theft
CD Player
Homelink
Memory Seats
Navigation System
Steering Wheel Controls
Trip/Mileage Computer
Antilock Brakes
Driver Air Bag
Passenger Air Bag
Traction Control

We had a buyer offering $25,500 and we lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved.
We lowered the price because we are in desperate need of cash, it's either the vehicle or the house.
To see more pictures follow this link: Pictures by 2007BMWM6Coupe - Photobucket
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email us and we will gladly answer all your questions.

Thank you ,

Emmaline & Thomas Bloomquist

There is no question this is a scam and I would not assume otherwise...I went and googled the name and apparently these people are not too bright. They have been trying to hock an MR2 and other vehicles on Ebay and Craigslist through the San Jose area. They are using the cover that they are both doctors in the US Army and are currently stationed in Afghanistan. They have "left the car" with a shipping company that will send the car upon payment...:Thumbdown: Riiiggght. I know I am new and all so if I am repeating old news here I apologize. I figured it would be good to give the M6 community a heads up for these guys just in case. I am going to ponder how to screw with them for a bit and waste their time. Make some promises and play some games :1:...Look forward to getting my M soon and being active here. Happy M'ing all..

·
Registered
750 Posts
The guy should lose his wife then - more expensive to maintain than an '07 M6 that's for sure.

lol on a more serious note though, you can ask for them to send you a scanned copy of the vehicle's full service history. It does seem to me to be a little shady - an M6 in that condition would sell for far more than $22,000 comon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea..definitely not worth it. Even if I ask for the VIN I am sure they will give me the one they ripped from the car they stole the photos from. Check out my response to her...

Emmaline: Can you tell me if it has the heated massage seats with neck oscillator and hands free highway autopilot? It was standard on most 2007 models. I am definitely looking for one with those two features. I can pay in cash if it does. Let me know ASAP. I found another one with those features but I like your price a little better. Thanks!

hahahaha...hiha I'll die if they respond yes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Alloy Wheels
Custom Wheels
Premium Wheels

How many different sets of wheels are there on 1 car?

·
Registered
370 Posts
What a couple of douche bags! I take offense to the military in Afghanistan part. What they're try to get you to believe is they have morals and values. I hate when people play the military scam game. They even try to do it to us that ARE in the military! Probably some overweight, out of work, low-life sitting in his mobile home who is trying to rip you off in the name of the military. Try this one: email them and tell them you just got word from your boss that you are going to be going on a business trip in their local area. How lucky is that???? Tell them so set up a time when you can view the car in person. Bet that's the last email you receive from them!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
This is fairly common. There was some clown in Atlanta running the same scam with a "fully modified Dinan 10 point vehicle" for $27,000. Unfortunately, these criminals continue to thrive because potential buyers become so excited with these "deals" that they don't perform their due diligence. GREAT POST!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years so I hear you on exploiting the military thing. They are definitely trying to gain instant credibility in the name of fraud and it is pretty sickening that people like this actually exist. I am not surprised by any means that they use such tactics as I suppose if you are a dirt bag, why not be a champion dirt bag. All I know is Karma's a *****...they will undoubtably get theirs in due time. Until then I hope no one falls for this or similar scams they or others try to pull off.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I am going to ponder how to screw with them for a bit and waste their time. Make some promises and play some games :1:...Look forward to getting my M soon and being active here. Happy M'ing all..
Tell her if she emails a nude picture of herself, you'll Fedex the cash right over today.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Tell her if she emails a nude picture of herself, you'll Fedex the cash right over today.
Bavarian Beast is trying to decide if Ajax is a sex addict or just a normal red-blooded male at this point. :cheers:

·
Registered
991 Posts
You seriously need to report them. If not, give me the contact info and I will find a place to report it. Impersonating members of our military to take advantage of people's trust INFURIATES me.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Problem is, as any LEO will tell you, no crime has been committed until the transaction has taken place.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Since 99.999% of these scammers have never even owned an M6 nor have access to one, much less have one to sell, here's a quick way to eliminate most of them. Ask for another photo, e.g. "Email me a shot of the interior, with the passenger seat reclined all the way back, and seat belt buckled." They will never be able to provide this odd shot unless they have access to the actual vehicle.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yeah, if they are legit, they will be happy to provide any photos requested. Not a guarantee of legitimacy, but definitely will weed out most of the scammers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts