BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I'm doing a couple things before MFEST. My wheels are already in the works (flat black centers-gloss black step lip with gloss red rivet wall with gloss black rivet's),so I'm painting the sections around the tips on the rear bumper and the body line inserts in the side skirts black with a red pin strip around it all, red brakes with m6 logo, already installed the trunk spoiler, rear badge, and replacing the front lip which my girl broke! Try to picture it guys trying to tie in the wheels to the car as much as possible I have the picture in my head just waiting for it to come to life in the next week. lol

Here are some before photos. Sorry for the poor quality but ill take the finale pics with a better camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup! I was gonna have it wrapped with a flat wrap too but funds are low and time is also a issue hopefuly in the next few months

·
Registered
705 Posts
I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi,
Where did you get the CF front lip?

Nice looking project....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Subbed , ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
nice. .you got 1 more week before the MFest

·
Registered
550 Posts
very interesting innovation, i havent seen anyone else coming up with those ideas. usually people over do their mod designs. but this one looks the part, especially the side skirts look absolute mental. You got it just right with that color combination. If yours come out good i might end up copying it. I like the side skirt most.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys.

I never thought masking off the side skirts would be so difficult took me a good 2hrs to do it. My painter was getting pissed cause i wouldn't let him do it even though he has been painting for the last 30years of his life. i don't know i just get so anal when it comes to the beast but I'm gonna have to let my pinstriper work his magic with the red around the black now that i wont mess with cause its really tough to get it right. pictures coming in a couple hours guys.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks great! Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I originally wanted paint but my pin striper showed me how the painted stripes really aren't as crisp and sharp as the taped lines. Its also a special type of tape that's super thin so once cleared over its sealed and feels just like paint. We even wet sanded and buffed over it all and no problems what so ever

1 - 20 of 42 Posts