BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, out of curiosity, I've started working on a VIN database for E63/E64 M6 cars looking at finding data for 6 speed manual cars. However MDecode doesn't really help in the search category. So I've started with VIN ending # CY23700 production date 2007-02-26 which is a SMG car. But that's a starting point since production of 6 speed gearboxes supposedly started in March 2007. I have found that CY23703 dated 2007-02-27 has the 6 speed, so maybe the M Registry was off a few days.

I'm producing a table that has VIN, Production date, Gearbox, Exterior color, Interior color and last if the car had all leather or Merino full leather. Is there any other categories that forum members would like to see? I'd consider all of the options, but that might take forever. This is going to be a long project as it is since I've got to enter every VIN no matter. I may regret starting this project. At least I might be able to resort the table by exterior or interior color for 6 speed cars. I just don't know how many thousands of VIN numbers I'll need to find all of the 6 speed cars.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
No feedback from anyone? Don't care?

I've processed 250 M6 Coupe's so far. The Mdecoder site requires me to constantly do the Captcha puzzle for nearly every vehicle. Then after a couple dozen requests it blocks my IP address and I have to switch to a VPN to continue. Lot's of fun - ugh.

If someone wants to help, please post here and we can make sure the data saved is consistent. I've changed my category columns to make it easier to insert data. The current column layout is last seven of VIN, Production year, Production month-day, SMG (blank if 6spd), 6 Spd (blank if SMG), Exterior paint code and name, Interior color code and name, Full or All Leather or not full leather (Yes, All Leather, No).

Someone can start earlier than CY23700 if they want to get a count on how many cars have what exterior paint code and interior leather color code numbers for all production year. If someone wants to help with the production years with 6 Spd gearboxes they can start with 2008 VIN numbers. I don't have a starting number yet though. Post here if you want to help.

Thanks, Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts