BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just visited my dealer and got the Prices and Options list which has not yet being officially announced by BMW Japan. The base price of the M6 is 16,000,000 yen, inclusive of the 5% Consumption Tax so on-road costs is expected to be around 17,000,000. This is about US$154K.

The Options list is very short and the standard list is very long. Options wise, there are only 3 items that cost money:

1. Cup - Holder 16,000
2. Ski Bag 49,000
3. Carbon Fiber Interior Trim 50,000

The Standard items list include :

-Full Merino Leather interior trim
-HDD navigation system with TV
-Logic 7 Stereo
-Adaptive Headlights
-Piano Black Interior Trim
-Start Stop Button

Compared with the M5 with full Options, it amounts to about 1.3 million yen difference in on-road costs.

Took a look at an M5 this morning but my heart is set on the M6 especially at this price difference. After looking at Auto's Silverstone 2, I think I will go for the same body color. Undecided on the interior colour though.

Let me know if you have questions on Japan vehicles.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gop-Dogg said:
I just got back from Japan last weekend. You guys really take it in the rear on lux items. The sticker on a 535i Touring w/ M-Sport package at the BMW Pulse display in the Sony building was Y7,880,000 = ~$74,000. :eek: ouich
Tell me about it. Sucks to be me. This is due to the "Special Japan Price"...Given the fact that regular Japanese cars retail around $35K (for a Nissan 350Z), they needed to differentiate the brand from everyone else and so pushed it up. A 330i goes for about 6.25 million for example. Mercedes prices, however, are over the top. A SL500 retails for about Y12 million, in comparison with the 650i which goes for about the same price but has better performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts