BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autocar has some nice m6 photos in and claims the m5 will be on sale next year.Power quoted at 500bhp for both with manual,automatic and sequential gearboxes.:)

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Yep its an excellent article...the pics are 95% correct from what i can discern...

all the best
adam

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Mark what date is on that issue so we can look for it across the pond.

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Any chance one of you gentlemen have picture of said vehicle from the article? Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys ,I checked for a web link but the magazine has no site .Its the issue dated 22nd January ,it is a photo shop enhanced photo but based on some spy photos they have published.
I don't have a scannner or else id scan and post it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The website's ok with good old windows, but it's the car I love. The vids are nice as long as one has high speed internet. I only hope the car lives up to what they say. 0-186 mph in 14 seconds.:eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Aviator said:
The website's ok with good old windows, but it's the car I love. The vids are nice as long as one has high speed internet. I only hope the car lives up to what they say. 0-186 mph in 14 seconds.:eek:
There are cars which are faster, than the Bugatti already, but I doubt anything will ever become as desireable as a Bugatti.

Cars Faster than Bugatti 16/4
Lingenfelter 802HP Corvette
Some Supras
Some Skylines

That's just about it.....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Aviator said:
Read Gordon Murray's comment about the new Bug on the EVO mag. I don't remember it word by word but on the Koenigsegg he said something like this: They should be quiet about the performance, just build the **** thing and let independent testers try it.

I personally think it's next to impossible to do 0-300km/h in 14 sec if the car weighs more than 1000kg and with 'only' 1000hp. Check put www.exvitermini.com and you will see that ONLY ONE Skyline can do that in 13.8secs! 0-300km/h is a pretty tough race.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Your right 13 seconds to 300km/h is a bit too low imho..

For instance it takes an R Turbo 30 seconds:eek:

all the best
adam

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree that it is suspicious, but I still hold a little hope. With traction control, seven speeds close ratioed, and lots of power at any rpm it might be possible? I just hope so, it would be a awsome car, something to compete with the rumored new King Lambo.

Read Gordon Murray's comment about the new Bug on the EVO mag. I don't remember it word by word but on the Koenigsegg he said something like this: They should be quiet about the performance, just build the **** thing and let independent testers try it.
I agree, the car has been out since '99 and I still have hope, but not for long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts