BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new M6 picture from Auto Zeitung. Apparently release is summer 2005. I have compared the pic with the well-known spy-shots; it looks computer generated to me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
summer 2005? at this rate the M6 will be available before the M5...:(

The picture is a bit small to discover photoshop work, but looks good

Robert

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The M5 will be released before the M6 - no question about that.

·
Registered
816 Posts
desualt said:
summer 2005? at this rate the M6 will be available before the M5...:(

Robert
No, product LAUNCH does not necessarily equal product RELEASE. They can launch it several months before production, as we all well know with the M5. Still, fingers cross though!

As for the picture, it's nice, but don't know about authenticity. Looks very mean with those huge fittings around. The ones near the rear wheels look big enough to step on, like a SUV! Overall, I doubt it. No M mirrors and no side grills.

·
Registered
816 Posts
CURI0 said:
They say 5.0 liter 500 hp, I was really hoping the 5.5 liter 550 hp rumors were true.
So do I, but unfortunately it seems 500bhp for the M6 coupe, and if the CSL gets the green light, then it gets the 550bhp. I suspect if the CSL comes out, it'll be closer towards the middle/later half of the M6's lifecycle (think M3 CSL). The other interesting thing is "Sommer 2005".

I'll keep the picture above and test out Auto-Zeitung when the real M6 comes out.

·
Registered
816 Posts
vndkshn said:
And if they do a CSL, I seriously doubt the engine will be any larger. Much like the CSL, I imagine only bolt-on and computer changes.
That's right, considering the M6 CSL will most likely be the lowest volume production car in the next few years in the entire range. I suspect many countries won't even be getting it. If they follow the motto that "every car unit must make adequate returns", then it's going to be a real big price jump maybe even much more than a fully loaded 760Li. Anyway, this is just speculation ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts