BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a former M3 E46 owner I decided to get myself an M6, which will be delivered late October. The good news is that I was able to add a few items to my car, that have become available only after 1 September, so here are the specs:

It has all the factory options plus:
1. Individual Azurit Black exterior.
2. Individual Golden Brown Merino full leather (black leather dash).
3. Carbon fibre dash inserts.
4. Alcantara roof lining.
5. Keyless entry.
6. High beam assistance.
7. GPS tracking system (alarm).

Since I don't like the standard 19 inch rims, I ordered some 20 inch Hamann Anniversary ones. Of course I'll post pictures once the car is delivered to me.

Frank.

·
Registered
829 Posts
M-bitious said:
As a former M3 E46 owner I decided to get myself an M6, which will be delivered late October. The good news is that I was able to add a few items to my car, that have become available only after 1 September, so here are the specs:

5. Keyless entry.
6. High beam assistance.

Since I don't like the standard 19 inch rims, I ordered some 20 inch Hamann Anniversary ones. Of course I'll post pictures once the car is delivered to me.

Frank.
Great, congrats with the car. i was thinking of ordering mine with Comfort access and highbeam assistant aswell but I'll hold of for now untill you get yours.

Maybe you could share your experiences.

Have you been looking at insurance quotes? How much discount did you get for the class 5 alarm if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
141 Posts
M-bitious said:

5. Keyless entry.
6. High beam assistance.

Frank.
Gefeliciteerd! Dit moet echt een hele mooie combinatie zijn, zeker met het alcantara dak. Hamann anniversary is schitterend met zwart, heb ik pas nog zien rijden. Zou graag de foto's willen zien. Ik heb zelf een 650i besteld krijg ik ook in oktober, Atlantic blauw met beige interieur.

mazzel

Willem

·
Registered
123 Posts
M-bitious said:

5. Keyless entry.
6. High beam assistance.

Frank.
Great Colour. The time i ordered it was not availlable. I hope it is not so much cleaning.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't available when I ordered the car either, but my dealer could still change the specs until 6 weeks before delivery. Azurit black is the successor of carbon black. I don't mind the cleaning bit though. I just wanted my favorite color.

Frank.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Your colour combination is superb. I was originally going to specify Gold Brown leather on my M5 but BMW Individual wanted 3000 Euros extra for that colour (in extended leather!) so I told them to get stuffed.

Here is the leather colour "Gold Brown"

·
Registered
123 Posts
M-bitious said:
It wasn't available when I ordered the car either, but my dealer could still change the specs until 6 weeks before delivery. Azurit black is the successor of carbon black. I don't mind the cleaning bit though. I just wanted my favorite color.

Frank.
It is only 6 weeks until late oktober and your car is comming:happybirt Congrats. My dealer told me if change for 2006 options i have to pay the new price for the car also. (2300Euro for carbon trim)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Ashok
Ah but in the Netherlands prices are much worse. This individual 2 package with the exterior color, the gold braun leather and alcantara lining costs about 12,000 euro ouich Oh and just the extended leather with the lining is 10,600!
The whole car is about 175,000 euro, or 210,000 USD :eek:

@SalesOrgBuilder
Weird, carbon here is only 425.00 euro.

Frank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
M-bitious said:
@Ashok
Ah but in the Netherlands prices are much worse. This individual 2 package with the exterior color, the gold braun leather and alcantara lining costs about 12,000 euro ouich Oh and just the extended leather with the lining is 10,600!
The whole car is about 175,000 euro, or 210,000 USD :eek:

@SalesOrgBuilder
Weird, carbon here is only 425.00 euro.

Frank.
In Germany you pay 300.00Euro for carbon. The 2000Euro are the base price change from last modell year to 2006. New options are changing the base price also. I ordered before summer but wanted the new modell with less problems.

·
Registered
829 Posts
@M-bitious: Have you been looking at insurance quotes? If yes which one are the best in your opinion and what kind of discount did you get for the class 5 alarm and the 5 star safety rating?

Also some insurance companies give you a discount if you have your paintjob coated. Coating just costs 300 euro and protects your paintjob against streetchilderen and arseholes with nails or keys.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@frylord
Best quote so far is from Centraal Beheer. Living in Amsterdam means the class 5 alarm is mandatory, doesn't save on the premium. I have a 75% no-claim on my insurance, they insure the basic car without options and for 40 euro per year all factory and other options are insured as well ("eigen risico" euro 0,00). Costs me net only euro 250 per month.

What do you mean with the coating, is that the proteq treatment? Must be a tough coating if you can't scratch the paint anymore!

Frank.

·
Registered
829 Posts
M-bitious said:
@frylord
Best quote so far is from Centraal Beheer. Living in Amsterdam means the class 5 alarm is mandatory, doesn't save on the premium. I have a 75% no-claim on my insurance, they insure the basic car without options and for 40 euro per year all factory and other options are insured as well ("eigen risico" euro 0,00). Costs me net only euro 250 per month.

What do you mean with the coating, is that the proteq treatment? Must be a tough coating if you can't scratch the paint anymore!

Frank.
Hmmzzz I've used the online premie calculation thing but it gives me 412,27 euro a month, eventhough I have 8 accident free years.

All risk € 408,77
Accessoires (over € 1500,-) € 3,50
Own risk is € 0,00

I'll have to give them a call and ask them why the big difference between your quote and mine. Are you sure you have an all-risk insurance and not just WA?

·
Registered
154 Posts
M-bitious said:

5. Keyless entry.
6. High beam assistance.

Frank.
Congrats on that one! :)

Does anyone have any pics of those Hamann wheels? I am also looking at going the aftermarket look, those OE wheels look like some form of kitchen vegetable chopping instrument :(

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
M-bitious said:
I have the insurance quote on my desk. I have 11 years of no-claim, perhaps that's the difference. I calculated mine on-line as well.
Ah yes that's it, when I input 11 years on-claim then I get 200,49 euro for all-risk. I think there's soemthing wrong with their program. According to their website 8 years no-claim should get you 72.5% discount, everything above 10 years gets you 75% discount. It seems like the quote it's giving me (on 8 years) is without a discount. I'll call them tommorow and talk to one of their reps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts