BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 06 M6 and my HUD used to be visible during the day. Now you can't see the HUD during daytime but is perfectly visible during the night time.
It's not the on/off switch and I do not wear sunglasses.

The HUD actually still works during the daytime, I can still see it if i really look for it but it super faint and 99% invisible during the daytime. I tried adjusting my seat up and down to see if it's the viewing angle but it is not, as I can see it perfectly during night time.

I have also adjusted the HUD brightness to 100% and there is no difference.

could it be a fuse? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm assuming you adjusted the brightness settings in idrive?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I thought when I was messing around with my iDrive one time I saw TWO 'brightness' settings. I wasn't sure the difference at the time. One might have been for the main 'iDrive' screen, and the other for the HUD. I'll try to look at mine tonight, but serious storms in the area at the moment, so not sure when I can get out to check. See if you have 2 brightness settings, though.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I thought when I was messing around with my iDrive one time I saw TWO 'brightness' settings. I wasn't sure the difference at the time. One might have been for the main 'iDrive' screen, and the other for the HUD. I'll try to look at mine tonight, but serious storms in the area at the moment, so not sure when I can get out to check. See if you have 2 brightness settings, though.
Yes, this is what I meant. There is a HUD brightness setting.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Maybe the projector screen and/or windscreen is dirty? microfiber it up! mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hmm... no idea then. I would have checked the brightness setting and cleaning the projector and the windshield (as well as checking for polarized glasses). But you noted that you checked all of these already. Only other thing I can think of is something's wrong with the projector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HUD fade

Did you ever determine what was causing the problem with the dimness? I have the same problem on my 06 M5....I had a problem with the rain/light sensor as my intermitant wipers were not working so I switched out the rain sensor located behind the rear view mirror. Fixed the wipers but think might have caused this problem, but I didn't notice it not working until about a month after switching the sensor, so can't pinpoint if that's it or not....I was wondering what you found to be your problem and how they/you fixed it? Thanks....Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts