BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same engine and transmission as M5, on sale late 05, convertible bersion also coming later..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
Gus said:
no nice ones - also mentioned the next M3 and Z4M which will have a V8
Z4M? Isn't it a little late to bring out a Z4M? I thought they weren't developing one anymore. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
jos said:
Z4M? Isn't it a little late to bring out a Z4M? I thought they weren't developing one anymore. :confused:
why should it be too late? itis never too late to bring out a nice car.
the e39 m5 came out in 1998, ~3years after the "normal e39"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
9852147 said:
why should it be too late? itis never too late to bring out a nice car.
the e39 m5 came out in 1998, ~3years after the "normal e39"
I know, but I think that no one expected an M version of the Z4 anymore, since the times are changing and everythinh must come out faster than it used to be to stay competitive. But I really like the idea of a Z4M :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
CURI0 said:
So AMS is wrong and the car will definitely have the same motor? I was really hoping for 550 hp 5.5 liter v10... ****.
Hey Curio, so do I (and probably many of us). But we will definitely expect figures and handling better (or on par) than the M5, and bear in mind the size of the M6 being a lagre luxury coupe, that's a great result. If we can expect 0 to 100km/h in less than 4.7secs, there are not many large luxury coupe that can beat that.

May I ask if you're on the waiting list? My dealer says supply of the M6 will be even more restricted than the M5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
As a matter of fact AMS is the only magazine I know of, that doesn't support the 507 bhp theory. I'm dying to see if AMS makes a fool of itself or outclasses the others. At the Geneva Motor Show in March we will get the answer eventually. Hopefully BMW M shows the final M6 there and not a Concept M6 like GermanCarFans.com claims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
As a matter of fact AMS is the only magazine I know of, that doesn't support the 507 bhp theory. I'm dying to see if AMS makes a fool of itself or outclasses the others. At the Geneva Motor Show in March we will get the answer eventually. Hopefully BMW M shows the final M6 there and not a Concept M6 like GermanCarFans.com claims.
So am I! Hey Autobahnraser, if it is a Concept car at Geneva next March, then you know what? It probably implies the M6 completed at the Frankfurt September 2005 just like what happened with the M5. Hopefully not. My dealer said late 2005 in my country, which if it is true, then Geneva March 2005 should be the launch/presentation in complete form :) .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
If BMW M is instructed by the BMW AG to build a Z4M roadster prior to the E90 M3, it should get the M6 finished until March and the 507 bhp are quite certain. However, if they really need time till September for the M6 – I don't subscribe to that point of view – than it's likely gonna have more bhp.:3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
If BMW M is instructed by the BMW AG to build a Z4M roadster prior to the E90 M3, it should get the M6 finished until March and the 507 bhp are quite certain. However, if they really need time till September for the M6 – I don't subscribe to that point of view – than it's likely gonna have more bhp.:3:
Agree. If the M6 comes out in March in complete form at 507bhp, then it almost implies that there is gonna be a CSL version with 550bhp (or whatever) much later.

I don't think a Concept car for the M6 at Geneva is necessary at all. Why? Because the M5 Concept last year was showing off the new high-revving V10, a brand new engine and a new generation of M's. There is nothing intrinsically new in concept about the M6 - same engine as M5, SMGIII etc., same chassis as 645Ci, so why bother with a concept car? So my guess is a completed car at Geneva if there is going to be anything. Only 4 months away!!!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top