BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just sold my beloved 2015 M5 CP ==> :crying
I just bought a Silverstone II 2015 M6 GC ==> :grin

... called me fickle, I can live with it.

I was wondering, has anyone got any advice on spacer-sizing for the front and rear (as long as it's not, "don't do it" or anything to that effect... hehehe).

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just sold my beloved 2015 M5 CP ==> :crying
I just bought a Silverstone II 2015 M6 GC ==> :grin

... called me fickle, I can live with it.

I was wondering, has anyone got any advice on spacer-sizing for the front and rear (as long as it's not, "don't do it" or anything to that effect... hehehe).
Finally found a post and some pics online--I went with comparatively small 10mm BMS spacers all around (small compared to what I ran on my M5s I mean).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sort of on the market for a GC; to be quite honest, I've pledged allegiance to the e60 M5, however, ever since my wife said she'd love to own a GC, it had me legitimately thinking. Overall, how do you enjoy yours? I couldn't help but notice the stroller in the background of one of your CP/Akro exhaust videos on youtube. Are the rear seats baby seat friendly?

I live in WA as well, i'd be neat to run into you at a meet or something!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally found a post and some pics online--I went with comparatively small 10mm BMS spacers all around (small compared to what I ran on my M5s I mean).
I let that M6 go after about 10 months and 20,000 miles. I went directly back to a dealer and got another one--that speaks volumes. The second one was black and has the Akrapovic exhaust--GET ONE if you can.
The M6 GC is the best driving car I've ever owned--just a blast to accelerate and sling into corners. The rear seating is a 2 (+ 1 at a push) setup and happily accommodates baby seats and boosters. I sold the black one, too, at about 10 months in with perhaps 15,000 miles on it. These are fantastic cars. I love them but variety is the spice of life.
Now I have an RS7. It's not as much the driver's car as any of my M-cars but it's faster than... well, just about anything. My best launch and resulting 0-60 is 2.48 seconds. My average is 2.6 seconds. 1/4 miles for my car (haven't run it myself yet) with the APR tune are around 10.4 @ 130+. Similar seating setup to the M6 without the +1 option but also happily accommodates baby and booster seats. This is also a good (but more expensive to lease at least) option for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I let that M6 go after about 10 months and 20,000 miles. I went directly back to a dealer and got another one--that speaks volumes. The second one was black and has the Akrapovic exhaust--GET ONE if you can.
The M6 GC is the best driving car I've ever owned--just a blast to accelerate and sling into corners. The rear seating is a 2 (+ 1 at a push) setup and happily accommodates baby seats and boosters. I sold the black one, too, at about 10 months in with perhaps 15,000 miles on it. These are fantastic cars. I love them but variety is the spice of life.
Now I have an RS7. It's not as much the driver's car as any of my M-cars but it's faster than... well, just about anything. My best launch and resulting 0-60 is 2.48 seconds. My average is 2.6 seconds. 1/4 miles for my car (haven't run it myself yet) with the APR tune are around 10.4 @ 130+. Similar seating setup to the M6 without the +1 option but also happily accommodates baby and booster seats. This is also a good (but more expensive to lease at least) option for you.
I'm relatively new to the F10/12/13 platform. I'm sure we're all aware of the E60/63's ominous problems. Any in particular with the F bodies? I honestly feel like i'm cheating on the E60 lol :aniq:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts