BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M6 did the 0-200 km/h in 12,8s :confused3 :M5thumbs:

Conclusion: "Which of that three V10-sport cars is the best depends primary on three factors: the expected purpose of the car, the personal aspiraton, and – last but not least – the financial strength. If you are looking for a pure sport car, if you can do without a trunk and money is no object the Gallardo is best for you. The 4-wheel-drive Gallardo is not only the most exciting car in a formal view, but its dynamics is in line with its extrovert appearanceas well. If you, on the one hand, drive for long distances but, on the other hand, don't want to lose sight of the track and have a soft spot for most modern engine and transmission engineering than you can't miss out on the M6. The high consumption and the small 70l fuel tank prevent the M6 from being the *perfect* GT. The SRT-10 is a retro-classic with many sporty qualities but also with an obstinate and bulky character; it's an American 'primary rock'.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
WOW look at the 0-200 compared to the gallardo,i mean WOWWWWWW !
it will drop the gallrdo easy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
markf said:
WOW look at the 0-200 compared to the gallardo,i mean WOWWWWWW !
it will drop the gallrdo easy.
Look at the stopping distance from 200-0 km/h:
M6=129,5m (despite of the heavy weight) SRT-10=140,4m Gallardo134,5m

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I dont want to go off-topic but can you tell me the laptimes for Z4 Alpina around Hockenheim and Nordschleife?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ronan said:
Still..its interesting how much faster the Gallardo was around Hockenheim...
Yes, but they took lap times only on the small circuit. I'd like to see times on the complete GP course.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
4,2s/12,8s under wet conditions? I don't think so!
Ok, did they say anything about the acceleration 0-200km/h times for Gallardo? I mean the time is very bad for such a car. Last time Sportauto drove Gallardo they got the time 13.0 sec.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just_me said:
Ok, did they say anything about the acceleration 0-200km/h times for Gallardo? I mean the time is very bad for such a car. Last time Sportauto drove Gallardo they got the time 13.0 sec.
The article only says: "The currently tested model (Gallardo) could not follow the Supertest-Gallardo (13,0 s)."

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Interesting article - thanks for sharing :M5thumbs:

·
Banned
88 Posts
Gallardo is SUBSTANTIALLY faster than a 0-100mph time of 10 seconds, and 0-200 time of 15.4. For that matter, the SRT is substantially quicker also.

·
Registered
968 Posts
allanlambo said:
Gallardo is SUBSTANTIALLY faster than a 0-100mph time of 10 seconds, and 0-200 time of 15.4. For that matter, the SRT is substantially quicker also.
Well I suppose it depends on how quickly you want to eat up your clutch. A Lambo, with its AWD system can launch stunningly, at the expense of the clutch, or you can go for a slow easy start, then let'er rip.

:M5launch:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts