BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here you go, I received a request to repost this so here it is again.

You can print this and save it in your glove compartment for future use.

Disclaimer: I did my best to interpret the symbols. Use at your own risk. I do not guarantee accuracy.

Dan

Attachments

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooops, yes of course - Credit goes to Clyde! Thank you again Clyde!

Clyde posted the fuse diagram, I downloaded it and tried my best to decode it, then posted it back here.

Never ending Thank You to Clyde. I always learn something from him.

BTW, Clyde, thanks for posting the link to the Lug Bolt Guides. I just ordered a pair!

Dan

I will accept credit for scanning and posting the fuse diagram :3:
Thanks Dan, for the acting as the "secret decoder ring" :grinyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know which fuses are not "live" when the ignition is off? I'm installing a Valentine One and don't want a battery drain if I happen to leave the V1 on after shutting my 2008 M5 off.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dan, great effort on interpreting the Iconography of BMW Engineers. The strange thing is that the 2005 645 had a fuse chart that was text, so it actually said "cigarette lighter" and not the stupid icons that make no sense. It was in 2006 when they came out with the 650/M6 that they switched...

Does anyone know which fuses are not "live" when the ignition is off? I'm installing a Valentine One and don't want a battery drain if I happen to leave the V1 on after shutting my 2008 M5 off.
I searched high and low for a fuse that turned off immediately with the ignition. The only one I found was # 89 in the trunk. When you expose the trunk fuse bay go to the very top/right fuse. You can run the accessory power wire up the left side of the trunk and back seat (drivers side), there is a wire loom that is introduced into the cabin that goes under the back seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! Thanks. I thought I was going nuts! I also checked every fuse in the glove box and found them all "live".

I've never seen that in any car. My 07 Mercedes S550 was pretty easy with numerous fuses that were off when the ignition was turned off.

Don't think I want to run the Valentine One wires to the trunk, so will just have to remember to turn the radar detector off!

Thanks again for saving me lots of anguish.

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
263 Posts
For those of you who hardwire into the yellow/green wire, my detector cable had a short that blew a fuse and knocked out my garage door opener and auto dimming. After checking all 5A fuses (because of BMW's great labels) I found it at location 89 and not at 51 as I was expecting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This helped me fix my cigarette lighter (and passenger footwell outlets). Great job, I couldn't find the info anywhere else and my diagram was not anywhere to be found in the under-trunk compartment.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Outstanding, thank you whatheheck, great bathroom reading!:read1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you folks for posting and letting me know I have helped you. It sure helps to keep me going and continuing to helping others.
You're very welcome. It took me a long time to get my account authorized to post, so I was lurking for many weeks just reading, and your posts have helped tremendously. The M6s especially are pretty rare, so if it wasn't for guys like you posting high-quality questions and thoughtful, thorough answers, I would be much less happy, with a lot more cash spent, and would be a lot less interested in trying to get things done myself. So, it's definitely you folks that deserve the thanks. Similarly, I'll try to give back where I can.

Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for posting this, it's a great help! One fuse I cannot find is for the Steering Adjustment to raise/lower the wheel. Mine isn't working, so I was looking for the fuse first before replacing the switch. Any ideas on that fuse location or if it corresponds to one of the ones you have already posted? Thanks!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Is there a relay or fuse for the alternator or voltage regulator ?
<table id="partsList" data-partlink="/bmw/enUS/part?id=EH93-USA-08-2006-E63-BMW-M6&mg=61&sg=36&diagId=61_4163&q="><tbody><tr class="r1 pos01 poshl posselect"><td>61366901469</td></tr></tbody></table> ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts