BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm coming from a 650 (M6 due in late May) and i got quite a bit of attention with it, but it was modded pretty good.

I know they almost look identical but the M6 does have the rare exclusive vibe.

Do you guys find the M6 gets a lot of attention from the average person more-so than what a 645/650 would attract?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm coming from a 650 (M6 due in late May) and i got quite a bit of attention with it, but it was modded pretty good.

Do you guys find the M6 gets a lot of attention from the average person more-so than what a 645/650 would attract?
Mine gets rediculious amount of attention! Funny thing is I prefer the look of a 'sleeper', now that I have had mine for a bit. To stay away from flashy I would get a gray colored M6 rather than red, blue, or even black.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do get attention in my M6, but it's a now and then type of thing. Which I like, I can take it out without being swarmed by crouds of people to get groceries :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I definitely get more attention than my friend's 911S. This car is somewhat flashy but not excessively so. I also think stock (mine) has a very different impact than modded.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

...the average person has no idea what a 645/650 is nor an M6, only us enthusiasts have any clue that they are 2 different cars...i get tons of attention everywhere and the most frequent question/comment is 'what is that' and 'i didnt know BMW made a car like that'

...the 6 series is a unique and rare car in all of its iterations :applause:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I came from a 645 conv to M6 conv...I do get a lot more attention than my 645, which rarely got attention. Most people have no idea what the M6 is...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Flashy?
absolutely!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
stealth flash...
Car enthusiasts appreciate it much more...
In the right areas it turns heads...

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have a indy red M6 which in my mind seems to be the flashiest color for the M. i do get alot of attention but lately it seems it's been because the way my car sounds....you can literally hear it from a mile away when im smashing....but yea, it's stealthy enough as to not having to worry about parking on the streets yet it's flashy enough to shake up the people that actually know what it is....

·
Registered
607 Posts
I came from a 645 to my M6 almost 2 years ago. The M6 got a fair amount of attention when it was new. Either I've gotten used to the attention to the point where I don't notice anymore or it's not generating anymore attention (maybe because the car has been out for a couple of years now).

I saw an M6 on the road yesterday as I was driving my new E92 M3. I occured to me as I saw it go by that my M3 is generating more attention than my M6. I think a lot of this has to do with "new-ness" of a model.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I get a crazy amount of attention! Unfortunately that includes Police attention that I could do without :1zhelp:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
The car will get noticed by car people...which is a good thing. Those that do know that the M6 can beat a Gallardo thanks to the M5board vids and they appreciate the car.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

yeah I don't think its too flashy, most people don't know what it is..."oh its just a bmw" I think there are alot of other cars with less power that get more attention such as a lotus elise, Carreras, etc. If u want attention paint it yellow. The M6 is a classy car not out to impress but to be comfortable rolling with knock your socks off performance and design

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Flashy?

Had a '96 Jag XJ12 LWB, almost the last built -- kept it for over a decade. Thought to myself...."low-key elegance, plus a bit flashy with the V12 badge...". In all the years only one comment: English tourist at Disneyland Hotel -- she knew what it was (rare) and that I was keeping it perfect. Led to a long chat with a pretty gal.

The M6--- still a bit of a Q-ship because paparazzi-flash in my territory comes from Crewe, or Newport Pagnell or Maranello and so forth. But a crisp Alpenweis M6 does get noticed by those who know and is often enough commented on. With the Dinan noise upgrade it turns more heads, perhaps only out of general annoyance alot of the time, but again those in the know throw thumbs up.

Best comment thus far were the 20 somethings in a WRX who pulled alongside, motioned "roll down window" and shouted "Sick Car!!"

But I didn't buy it expecting to be visually flashy per se, I bought it for the specification and the scintillating driving adventure. That is the real FLASH in my book.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Had a '96 Jag XJ12 LWB, almost the last built -- kept it for over a decade. Thought to myself...."low-key elegance, plus a bit flashy with the V12 badge...". In all the years only one comment: English tourist at Disneyland Hotel -- she knew what it was (rare) and that I was keeping it perfect. Led to a long chat with a pretty gal.

The M6--- still a bit of a Q-ship because paparazzi-flash in my territory comes from Crewe, or Newport Pagnell or Maranello and so forth. But a crisp Alpenweis M6 does get noticed by those who know and is often enough commented on. With the Dinan noise upgrade it turns more heads, perhaps only out of general annoyance alot of the time, but again those in the know throw thumbs up.

Best comment thus far were the 20 somethings in a WRX who pulled alongside, motioned "roll down window" and shouted "Sick Car!!"

But I didn't buy it expecting to be visually flashy per se, I bought it for the specification and the scintillating driving adventure. That is the real FLASH in my book.

Interesting comments.....

I find that European tourists in Canada really notice the car since I guess the M6 is rarer in Europe than in North America.

How do I know they are European Tourists?? That for you guys to figure out :2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Flashy?

Euros. They have money!!!!---the buying power of a 1-1/2 to one favorable exchange rate.

Just spent (ahem, overspent) three weeks in Europe ---Sardinia and mainland. Saw one 6 series, not an M, no F- or L-cars at all and one Maser 4porte ---but on a flatbed wrecker with the roof crushed. Just Fiats and such scuttling along like so many hermit crabs. Felt truly superior in an Alfa 159 ---and it got comments everywhere I stopped. Thank goodness, Hertz tried to give me a ****ing Prius. I said, maintaining, this is Italy, I want a car, not a rheostat. I would've been stoned to death in a Prius. Go figure. I have seen one M6 in Vienna last year. By and large the Europeans are less familiar, I agree. But the best car show, bar none is in Paris. Two places: the front of the Plaza Athenee is always set right with Astons and F-cars and then a very secret underground garage with the best collector car storage I've ever seen. Well over 200 of the truly great marques. Incredible secret lair.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Definitely turns heads, especially in white. I've had passengers climbing over each other to get a good view. My friend has a Monaco blue M6, and it's significantly more low-key in that color. I'm not sure that it's alot more attention than a 6-series standard would get, I think the shape of the car is what gets most of the looks. I mean, its just so good looking, people can't help but stare :haha:. Choose your color wisely.... unless you don't mind the looks (which I don't).

·
Registered
907 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts