BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been asked to give my dealer the final spec for my M6 by tues next week if I am to get delivery in November. Have been told Individual is not available in uk yet for the car and would mean delays.

Very difficult to choose colours for a car you never seen, however this is what my final spec will be:

Sepang Bronze with Full Sepang Bronze leather and Piano Black finish

Other extras: TV Function, Bluetooth Preparation and Tracker.

Deleting: M6 Badge,front storage net and smokers package.

Any thoughts? Particularly on exterior colour. I hated it on the M5 but have seen it in Autocar and on this board and really liked it.

:M5launch:

·
Registered
675 Posts
brave man johhny without seeing it in the flesh.Looks much better in the photos than i would have expected.

Me ..Silver grey,Black leather,Tv,Bluetooth phone,Piano black,climate windscreen.

safe ,but apart from black on black the best way of avoiding the 5k extra for full leather.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
EVO's description of Sepang Bronze was like 3 day old peanut satay!!! They also described Indianapolis Red as more suited to a Rover75.

·
Registered
816 Posts
"Brave man jonhnny73", indeed.

I must admit Sepang Bronze looked ugly on the M5. But I have not seen a reliable photo of S.B. on the M6 at all so I can't really comment. I hope it turns out stunning.

Me getting Mineral Silver for sure now. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
markf said:
brave man johhny without seeing it in the flesh.Looks much better in the photos than i would have expected.
Me ..Silver grey,Black leather,Tv,Bluetooth phone,Piano black,climate windscreen.
safe ,but apart from black on black the best way of avoiding the 5k extra for full leather.
Hi Mark, John H and M6 Forever

Thanks for the input. But after alot of deliberation have decided to stick with it. Seen a few pictures in Autocar, BMWPASSION.COM and most recently a few seconds in the film recently posted and decided I think it is actually the best colour I have seen so far.

My other choice was black and I have been pretty disappointed with every shot I have seen of a black M6, Chrome line exterior may improve it but could look strange on an M car and make it look like 80% of the 6er I see around here.

Sure, I could have gone for a safer option but didn't want a colour that is available across the BMW range, something different.

Anyway until I see one in the flesh I won't know, but I am now fairly confident It is the right choice for me.

Regards

johnny73

PS thanks John H for reminding me of Evo's description, really helpful!!!!:) Caused a large "wobble" on my colour choice. Anyway felt it was down to personal taste in the end and decided to stay with it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Johnny,

Not sure when your M6 is due or when you have to confirm spec but would strongly advise you try and see an M6 in Sepang Bronze in the flesh before you do the final spec. I know pics can be good but with colours like that you do really have to see them live to judge them. Not sure how you do it other than get your dealer to see on the system who has ordered the first one to come in that colour.

By the way which dealer are you with in the UK?

·
Registered
457 Posts
johnny73 said:
Anyway until I see one in the flesh I won't know, but I am now fairly confident It is the right choice for me.
Better make a visit to the BMW M GmbH in Garching. They've got a Sepang Bronze M6 standing in their showroom at the moment; you can also test drive the M5, maybe even the M6.

·
Registered
675 Posts
johnny73 said:
Hi Mark, John H and M6 Forever

Thanks for the input. But after alot of deliberation have decided to stick with it. Seen a few pictures in Autocar, BMWPASSION.COM and most recently a few seconds in the film recently posted and decided I think it is actually the best colour I have seen so far.

My other choice was black and I have been pretty disappointed with every shot I have seen of a black M6, Chrome line exterior may improve it but could look strange on an M car and make it look like 80% of the 6er I see around here.

Sure, I could have gone for a safer option but didn't want a colour that is available across the BMW range, something different.

Regards

johnny73

PS thanks John H for reminding me of Evo's description, really helpful!!!!:) Caused a large "wobble" on my colour choice. Anyway felt it was down to personal taste in the end and decided to stay with it.

Johhny just went to my dealer to firm up my spec,looked at the bronze colour swatch,it is nice though not my cup of tea.I agree with you about black though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnH said:
Johnny,

Not sure when your M6 is due or when you have to confirm spec but would strongly advise you try and see an M6 in Sepang Bronze in the flesh before you do the final spec. I know pics can be good but with colours like that you do really have to see them live to judge them. Not sure how you do it other than get your dealer to see on the system who has ordered the first one to come in that colour.
By the way which dealer are you with in the UK?
Had to confirm it today, so it is done. I agree with your advice but spec had to be in today for a November delivery, otherwise was told the factory would have just put their own spec on the dealer's first car.

Oh well it's only £85K!:M5thumbs:

I've done as much research as I can from UK.Short of following Autobahnraser's advice in his post on this thread(no time now anyway) not much I can do.

As I say I think it is the right choice for me and I am no longer concerned about it, thanks for the advice though.

Dealer is Calterdon in Inverness, only way I could get no. 1 on the list.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
markf said:
Johhny just went to my dealer to firm up my spec,looked at the bronze colour swatch,it is nice though not my cup of tea.I agree with you about black though.
Thanks mark

Crazy really that you have to spec an £80K plus car by looking at a tiny swatch, other manufacturers like Porsche as you probably know have " spec rooms" with large samples of exterior colours and samples of interior leather, trim et.c

:mad:

·
Registered
675 Posts
johnny73 said:
Thanks mark

Crazy really that you have to spec an £80K plus car by looking at a tiny swatch, other manufacturers like Porsche as you probably know have " spec rooms" with large samples of exterior colours and samples of interior leather, trim et.c

:mad:
1st november..you'll have before me .
I asked why it was 17k more than the m5 ,the salesman said ..I have no idea,good question.He also said he couldn't believe the price for full leather .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
markf said:
1st november..you'll have before me .
I asked why it was 17k more than the m5 ,the salesman said ..I have no idea,good question.He also said he couldn't believe the price for full leather .
Unusual answer from a salesman, don't you think? Would have thought he'd have some answers like coupe such as 6er commands higher prices than 5er saloon, comes with alot more as standard, cf roof, lighter wheels, thinner rear window smc panels front and rear etc. etc

Either you know him well or he is not to bothered about selling you a car, which he might be if he knew what else you had on order!

Still I can see where your coming from and ultimately I think the M6 is just going to be rarer, that little bit more special and individual and will sell for those reasons.

Look over on the M5 board at the pic of M5 and 5er with M body kit, virtually no difference. While I appreciate this is great if you want a Q car I have decided it's not what I want.

Also agree re:leather but having borrowed ordinary coupe just felt I wanted to upgrade interior as much as poss.

Sounds to me like you might be having a change of heart mark?

·
Registered
675 Posts
johnny73 said:
Unusual answer from a salesman, don't you think? Would have thought he'd have some answers like coupe such as 6er commands higher prices than 5er saloon, comes with alot more as standard, cf roof, lighter wheels, thinner rear window smc panels front and rear etc. etc

Either you know him well or he is not to bothered about selling you a car, which he might be if he knew what else you had on order!

Still I can see where your coming from and ultimately I think the M6 is just going to be rarer, that little bit more special and individual and will sell for those reasons.

Look over on the M5 board at the pic of M5 and 5er with M body kit, virtually no difference. While I appreciate this is great if you want a Q car I have decided it's not what I want.

Also agree re:leather but having borrowed ordinary coupe just felt I wanted to upgrade interior as much as poss.

Sounds to me like you might be having a change of heart mark?

Change of heart..nope,i want the car NOW.Salesman was just plain honest ,refreshing for a change.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
johnny73 said:
Have been asked to give my dealer the final spec for my M6 by tues next week if I am to get delivery in November. Have been told Individual is not available in uk yet for the car and would mean delays.

Very difficult to choose colours for a car you never seen, however this is what my final spec will be:

Sepang Bronze with Full Sepang Bronze leather and Piano Black finish

Other extras: TV Function, Bluetooth Preparation and Tracker.

Deleting: M6 Badge,front storage net and smokers package.

Any thoughts? Particularly on exterior colour. I hated it on the M5 but have seen it in Autocar and on this board and really liked it.

:M5launch:
I think you're crazy to get a color that you haven't seen if you hated it on the M5. But, colors are subjective, so get what you like. The problem with pictures is they just don't do these new colors justice. The colors change depending on the light, and look quite different outdoors than they do under lights.

Piano Black is beautiful, but I've heard it is a real pain to keep clean - shows every fingerpring. I'd get it anyways.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wolverine said:
I think you're crazy to get a color that you haven't seen if you hated it on the M5. But, colors are subjective, so get what you like. The problem with pictures is they just don't do these new colors justice. The colors change depending on the light, and look quite different outdoors than they do under lights.

Piano Black is beautiful, but I've heard it is a real pain to keep clean - shows every fingerpring. I'd get it anyways.
Yeah, I know I have taken a big risk with colour but feel sure I'll be happy with it.

Piano Black only real option IMO, carbon fibre looks a touch old fashioned and the wood options are just plain nasty!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Are the standard 645 colours available for the M6???... I was thinking of ordering mine in the same colour I have on my current 645 which was Stratus Grey with cream extended leather, and elmwood.. I really like the color and prefer it to anything in the M6 colours. If not I will go Sepang Bronze. I do not have to make any choices yet as the car will not show up in Canada till 2006, and hopefully there will be some other choices.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ronan said:
Are the standard 645 colours available for the M6???... I was thinking of ordering mine in the same colour I have on my current 645 which was Stratus Grey with cream extended leather, and elmwood.. I really like the color and prefer it to anything in the M6 colours. If not I will go Sepang Bronze. I do not have to make any choices yet as the car will not show up in Canada till 2006, and hopefully there will be some other choices.
Hi Ronan

No not in UK, that is the problem, if they were I would have gone for Stratus Grey myself. My dealer told me Individual was not available yet and that if I wanted my car for November I would have to choose from the brochure colours.

Therefore as outlined in previous posts i have kind of been forced into Sepang Bronze which in most pictures I've seen on M6 looks great, but I'll never know until I see one in the flesh.

Hope you do get more choice in Canada as the current range is pathetic, why you can't have standard 6er colours I don't know. It is not as if BMW can't do nice colours, Stratus Grey and Mineral silver are examples plus many of the new 3er colours are lovely.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks for the info. As soon as I have the situation clear I will post. Strangely, Canada and the US are different. We got Stratus grey immediately on launch in Canada but it was not available in the US until the second year. I have no idea why they do this kind of thing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ronan said:
Thanks for the info. As soon as I have the situation clear I will post. Strangely, Canada and the US are different. We got Stratus grey immediately on launch in Canada but it was not available in the US until the second year. I have no idea why they do this kind of thing.
In case you can't have standard colours, or go Individual I will collate some Sepang Broze shots when I can and post them, be interested in you opinion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts