BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What exterior color is your M6 (through 2010)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2007 Silver Grey Metallic M6 Coupe. I am curious what the most popular exterior color is that was purchased by members of the forum. Hopefully I've listed the colors available based off of posts here on the forums and searching the web.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had sapphire but am changing to carbon black.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Im pretty sure a majority are going to be alpine white. But hopefully not so my car will be even more rare with the 6spd lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
we all know interlagos blue is the fastest.

Reactions: michaelsevilla

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I'd would not be surprised if black is the most common. When the M6 was first announced the initial orders in Germany were primarily Indy Red. But yeah, AW must be up there too.

Mine of course is in the "Other" poll option.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My first M6 was Interlagos Blue, my current one is space gray metallic. I miss my blue.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Has any1 ever Chrome Wrapped their car?
I'm thinkin of either doing a Chrome Wrap or Matte Wrap
There was an E60 M5 in Russia that was wrapped in shiny gold vinyl. Looked like crap to me, but what to I know :dunno:
Have not seen a silver wrap but BMW did have some show cars (not production cars) in Chrome Shadow which a paint process (not a warp). Looks killer but they won't do it for customer cars (I know as a co-worker and M5 owner asked). Search for "Chrome Shadow" or "Shadow Chrome" on the Board and you should see a photo or two. BMW did paint production wheels with Chrome Shadow a few years back - but no more as the paint contains lead and can't be repainted in all 50 states (ahem, California).

There are a number of matte wraps (black, white, blue, etc.) posted on the Board. One member clear matte wrapped his silver M6 which looked real good.

BTW - Welcome to the Board (in case no one has welcomed you yet).

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I had sapphire but am changing to carbon black.
I noticed in your signature that the Kelleners M6 is gone. Will the new owner be on the Board? If so they will be the third owner of that special car in a row to be on the Board. What do you think of the new stuff (iDrive, Nav, etc.) on the 2010 - or do you have it yet? You'll love it (but you might miss the raw performance of that well known 2007 Autobahn Beast).

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm not sure if it's legal in America.
Here in the UK, chrome, gold or any reflective materials are not allowed to be wrapped on a vehicle.
The only one allowed was made specially in Germany, using light-absorbent but shiny chrome/gold/bronze wraps.
I heard it costs near 8,000 euro.

I'm interested in Satin Black (well.. once I buy an M6 this summer..lol)
it's matt black but with wet look. (ideally known by Frozen-Grey when BMW launched M6 Competition Edition)

Here's a sample ( i don't own the pictures so i will delete if owner ask me to, i'm posting up for sharing purpose )

Matt white looks good but i'm not into white so..
Satin black certainly looks special.

OR, you could even just wrap the car with protective skin. It adds visual effect of matt..

this one is also interesting..(looks wetter (?))

Reactions: Mark Carson

·
Registered
655 Posts
I see a few E60 M5's in Lexington a month, and I can't remember the last time I saw one On the road that wasn't black. The last I can remember was an Indy Red about three years ago for sale on the same lot I bought my M6.

I literally see maybe one M6 in Lexington a year. Over the last three years the count is three black and one white. The M6 is an exotic here in Lexington.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
we all know interlagos blue is the fastest.
That raises a morbid question, what color of M6 has crashed the most? And how does that correlate to the percentage sold in that color (to be fair about it).

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Wow....Black Sapphire really took a lead. Same color as my 2006 X3.
The Indy Red guys have not chimed in is all. There are more Red M6s than "Other" hiha
But I suspect Sapphire Black will still be the leader.

·
Registered
598 Posts
to be honest I'm shocked i would've thought the alpine white was more popular. But that only makes it better for me.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow....Black Sapphire really took a lead. Same color as my 2006 X3.
I have had three BMWs and they have all been black sapphire metallic. I really wanted an Alpine White M6 as I love the contrast it creates with the CF roof and shadow line trim, but I ended up finding my car five minutes from home at a great price with a lovely Sepang interior and had to have it.

During my search for a car, which lasted nearly a year, I noticed that the Alpine Whites seemed to be priced at a premium when compared to a similarly speced car in another color. I noticed this trend when shopping for my fiancé's CLK550 as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I noticed in your signature that the Kelleners M6 is gone. Will the new owner be on the Board? If so they will be the third owner of that special car in a row to be on the Board. What do you think of the new stuff (iDrive, Nav, etc.) on the 2010 - or do you have it yet? You'll love it (but you might miss the raw performance of that well known 2007 Autobahn Beast).
The former beast is sitting at the dealer where I am STILL waiting for delivery. Yeah, I probably will miss all that power, but will be interested to see what a "plain Jane" M6 feels like. Then I will start modding I am sure......

Enquire about this pre-owned vehicle for immediate delivery

Reactions: Mark Carson

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The stats seem to follow what I noticed while surfing Autotrader.com and Cars.com. Most of the listings are Black Sapphire Metallic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts