BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Video is uploading now. When it is done I will post it.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Ops. Tried to edit it for you deknight but it didnt work. Just insert the Youtube URL within the youtube brackets.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
That makes the car sound so much different. Seems like you loose the beauty of the eisenmann exhaust.

Sounds real mean.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice pulsing sound from the headers. Hey, Brad, I remembered your old videos also were shot from the same street, huh? Did you take off with similar launch to your old video clip, because I noticed
this time the rear tire didn't slip much due to Evosport LSD diff??
I have the one your talking about saved in my favorites, right here. It's what inspired me to delete 2nd cat with my Tubi. I still think this is the best sound. It's just so sick. More power though. Gotta hand it to you for that. Congrats Deknight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrjox2am9I&feature=related

·
Registered
836 Posts
I love it. If I were you I wouldn't touch a thing now. I also don't agree that you lost the beauty of the Eisenmann sound, it's there alright just not till about 3k RPM.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pulsing sound from the headers. Hey, Brad, I remembered your old videos also were shot from the same street, huh? Did you take off with similar launch to your old video clip, because I noticed this time the rear tire didn't slip much due to Evosport LSD diff??
I know I did not peel out and I was bummed almost did not post it, I will do another one like the old with tire spinnage! It was not the LSD I actually did not have in M mode I had DSC off but no P500s. Since I had the footage I figured I'd post it anyway.

·
Registered
836 Posts
hey Kenny, the way you clipped the quote of my post makes it look like I don't like Brad's new set up. On the contrary I think it's perfect and he should not go forward with the race cats.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love it. If I were you I wouldn't touch a thing now. I also don't agree that you lost the beauty of the Eisenmann sound, it's there alright just not till about 3k RPM.

Thanks Tim.:applause: I knew I would loose that higher pitched F1 sound, but I do like the sound alot. When I am driving around I really feel like I am driving a race car, very fun. I still want to add a section on my vid for how it sounds inside the cabin. It is not overbearing at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
dekinght,

so with the header set up, did the note of your car sound less now? It seems that with your previous set up with just the eisenamnn exhaust it was very high pitched and now with the header its more deeper more like a V10 muscle car compared to the F1 raspy sound from the original set up. How do you like the sound?

Thanks
-Darrick

·
Registered
836 Posts
IMO the headers affects the sound below 3000 RPM most, to me it still sounds F1 at WOT above 3500.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
hey Kenny, the way you clipped the quote of my post makes it look like I don't like Brad's new set up. On the contrary I think it's perfect and he should not go forward with the race cats.
Too quick on typing...here we go "I also don't agree that...". + "you lost the beauty of the Eisenmann sound". Put this quote in front and you're all set:thumbsup:

Just teasing on eisenhaus incident.:cheers:

I'm sure everyone who heard exhaust with headers installed will always want onelovelove. Now, I can't live without that pulsing sound from the headers, even with minimal or gain, I still go it again and again.:M5thumbs:

I think headers itself not distort the exhaust note but rather compliment by producing a beat to existance exhaust note. On the other hand, with straight pipe section, that will kill your exhaust note and you will only hear the raspyness/rumble.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Deknight, did you do a before and after dyno of the evosport headers? I didn't get any chance to dyno mine, not sure about the power gains from evosport header, but do feel better tq delivery across the rpm range.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts