BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M6 does o-100 in 9 sec as shown in autocar magazine.
M5 does it in 9.2 as shown in sport auto and 9.8 as shown in autocar. :confused2
If sport auto times are correct then the M5 performance is so close to M6.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Dubai M5 said:
The M6 does o-100 in 9 sec as shown in autocar magazine.
M5 does it in 9.2 as shown in sport auto and 9.8 as shown in autocar. :confused2
If sport auto times are correct then the M5 performance is so close to M6.
There are only two reasons the M6 would be faster in a straight line. First would be it is 45 kg lighter. Second is it may have stickier tires. Neither of these reasons would contribute a significant amount. Look at it this way, if you're cruising along in your M5 with a quarter tank of gas, and come up on an M6,with a full tank of gas, you'll be dead even.

Now throw in some curves, and the M6 will leave the M5 behind...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Test in Autocar

Could someone from our UK members scan the latest article comparing M6 and 911 Carrera S from this week's Autocar, please? We might know more about acceleration times afterwards.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The M6 is nothing short of ravishing, it will probably leave many so-called supercars way behind.

Thou the BMW brand may lack a bit of the mystery, romance and passion that scatters around several compettitors, they still deliver the freshest package. I still can't say that the 6-series is beautiful, not even close to the SL-series in terms of pure esthetics.

But I'm already grown tierd of Mercedes new cardesign-philosophy incorporated in the current E-, SL, CLK-class cars. But with the Bangle-cars you constantly find a new point-of-view which contributes to the fact that the cars feel fresh even some two-three years after it's introduction. You could say that if the cars appearence is difficult to swallo that means that it's going to take a long time to feel "satisfied"...

Combine the above-mentioned with a revcrazy V10 engine and some fancy handlingcapabilities and you outta end up with something special... ;)

Ehhhr, quickreply ? ouich

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I agree on the MG design theme. It is so conservative it is boring to look at. I barely even look at E55s now, it is only their wheels and brakes that catch my eye. Otherwise, it is another bore-mobile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts