BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual says in the luggage compartment in a protective sleeve but damned if I can find it ...

Help please...

·
Registered
68 Posts
lol.. i think it should!... but unfortunately its an accessory that needs to be bought after or during the negotiation period =P

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have heard that they really make a difference, but after spending $121k on the car and it not coming with a $500 deflector.....I refuse to buy one. Maybe someone will sell me a used one for $100 haha

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had one of these in my E93 M3....I was also very hesitant to buy one...I thought much like M6Cabrio...after spending nearly 100k and they can't offer it for free? However, I finally found on ebay.co.uk (yes...UK's ebay site had much more for sale, therefore prices were lower). I ended up buying a brand new one from someone who got a free one with their car and didnt want it for $250.

It was the BEST $250 I spent on that car...boy..what a difference it made. When you have a 4-seater convertible, I think its a must to have. You could get on the highway at about 70mph and my girlfriend's hair wouldnt even move a bit. Drop the windscreen and her hair would instantly go flying everywhere. Its actually crazy how good they work. By the way, I was told by a BMW tech that you can actually light a lighter inside the car at hwy speed with the top down no problem....thats impressive!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ah ... That is stupid but ok. Do you have one? If so, do you think it makes a difference?
Agree with others that its stupid not to supply one with the purchase of the car. Having said that I did get one off ebay and its been worth every penny. Around town I keep it folded down but when I hit the highway I put it in the up position. Keeps wife happy because hair is not whipping around. For me since I'm bald, hair blowing isn't an issue but just cutting down the wind noise and being able to enjoy the radio is nice. Easy to remove if you need to put someone in the back seat. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It was the BEST $250 I spent on that car
I bought one for about $400 and it was the BEST $400 I spent on that car :M5thumbs: I can easily do three digits with top down without feeling much of the wind and noise thanks to the wind deflector...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts