BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

this is my first post, so hey everybody. I just wanted some peoples opinions on this as its so hard to find stuff on the Alpina B6S. I'm in the market for new car. I've got about £85-90k to spend and really like the M6. I am a big BMW fan, my family car is a M5 touring and want to replace my other car with something more sporty (currently a4 cab).

If you had to choose between a M6 cab and an Alpina B6s what is the choice? I know the M6 has the huge V10 but the alpina has a monster V8 supercharged pushing more horsepower and torque, plus I think the styling is nicer. Yet I am really not sure which one to choose as the engines are so different?! I know this an M6 forum but guessed this was proabably the best place to post.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Welcome!

I would say if you already have a BMW M5 Touring as a family car, go for the Alpian B6S as the true Gran Turismo. It is faster and actualyl more frugal than the M6, makes an ideal car for cross continent travelling.

I will also copy this post top the Alpina Forum for replies.

See my video from the Alpina B6 S launch at Frankfurt last year:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104223

Alpina B5S Launch:

At last, but not the least, the third world premiere: The B6 S. The B6 S shares drivetrain with the B5 S, which means it has the updated version of the 4,4 litre V8 producing 530 bhp and the faster shifting gearbox. These changes makes the B6 S the fastest Alpina yet. How about 0-100 km/h in 4,5 seconds, 0-1000 m in 22,0 seconds and a top speed of 318 km/h.

As you may have noticed on the previous picture, the B6 S features a new bonnet. It´s made of carbon fibre, just like it is on the B12 5,7 Coupe. The main reason for the new bonnet is better cooling, hence the two vertical air outlets which allows air to exit precisely under the bonnet. At just under 10 kg, it´s also a little bit lighter than the standard bonnet.

Can you find the Alpina "badge" on this picture?

Another way the B6 S distinguishes from the B6, apart from the bonnet, is that it´s based on the facelifted 6-series. That means new lights front and rear, in similar style as the facelifted E60 has.

Just like the B5 S, the B6 S has the EDC-suspension. It also features 20" wheels as standard, but with the newer Dynamic-design. 19" wheels in classic-design is available as an option. Since the B6 S is a bit more sporty than the B5 S, it also has the limited slip diff as standard equipment (not the convertible though).

This particular car had a lovely champagne-coloured Alpina Lavalina leather interior with green piping and stitching. The possibilities for the interior is almost endless, or how about over 1000 different colours of Alcantara? BMW Individual offers six or seven. As standard the B6 S comes with Dakota leather in Alpina design.

The gear-lever is new for this model year and looks really good.

At 129100 Euro, the B6 S Convertible is the most expensive car in the Alpina line-up today. But what a nice car to drive the winding seaside roads from Monaco to S:t Tropez in. The Coupe costs 120400 Euro.

Hi,

this is my first post, so hey everybody. I just wanted some peoples opinions on this as its so hard to find stuff on the Alpina B6S. I'm in the market for new car. I've got about £85-90k to spend and really like the M6. I am a big BMW fan, my family car is a M5 touring and want to replace my other car with something more sporty (currently a4 cab).

If you had to choose between a M6 cab and an Alpina B6s what is the choice? I know the M6 has the huge V10 but the alpina has a monster V8 supercharged pushing more horsepower and torque, plus I think the styling is nicer. Yet I am really not sure which one to choose as the engines are so different?! I know this an M6 forum but guessed this was proabably the best place to post.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Oh my Lord!!!! :wow:The Alpina is gorgeous!!! The CF hood with vents is beautiful...my only criticism is why didn't they put M style mirrors on it?
Also wish it were SMG....
Is this ever going to be available to the U.S., orrrr would the hood ever be an option to buy for the M6????

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
It is very stylish and elegant,. yet aggressive! You have the Alpina B7 available for USA, but that is about it for USA customers:

Oh my Lord!!!! :wow:The Alpina is gorgeous!!! The CF hood with vents is beautiful...my only criticism is why didn't they put M style mirrors on it?
Also wish it were SMG....
Is this ever going to be available to the U.S., orrrr would the hood ever be an option to buy for the M6????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yea im loving the alpina, i just wanted to check it wasn't lagging behind the m6 in other areas even though the alpina has better performance the performance is better, the lack of smg is a shame but i can put up with it, the hood is the killer and the interior. it just shouts beast!

cheers for the posts guys

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
mail one to the U.S. please!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have an M6 and would have bought the Alpina B6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does anyone know of any good write ups on the alpina b6, theres a few on the alpina site and a few clips on youtube but thats about it? also are there any owners on the forum who have posted pics i did a search but couldnt find much.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
does anyone know of any good write ups on the alpina b6, theres a few on the alpina site and a few clips on youtube but thats about it? also are there any owners on the forum who have posted pics i did a search but couldnt find much.
+1

I'm beginning to think the U.S. has no style and too many restrictions....why can't these sleek cars enter the U.S.????

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Dammit Cosmos. You should have bought an Alpina and brought it back
to the US. You would then have to sell it to me because you need
an M5. Then everyone would've been happy.:M5thumbs:
I am going to try to keep the M6 as long as I can. I just dont want to give it up yet. :sad3:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts