BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
That's what I was saying. There is a frozen grey one i know of with the cheesy interior :)
It is on a lease, when it comes back I realy am thinking about getting it. Already talked to my dealer about it.
Unless the new m6 looks drastically different than the new 6 vert. I think I will be happier with the
Body style we already have. So I wouldn't mind 2010 with the comp package and the cheesy interior.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Agreed, the hood really does make a difference

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachments/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/135311d1307713874t-m6-competition-edition-m6-comp-7.jpg

I really want my car to look like this. I love the hood, the semi-matte paint, the stance, it's so awesome. It's amazing how much difference the hood alone makes.
You can order the part, have it painted to match you car and voila! But it's not cheap. Close to $2k for the hood (only primed). A member in Greece did the upgrade to his Sepang Bronze M6. I had the chance to get this hood when my Individual M6 was being built but I had to draw the line on upgrades somewhere and the creased hood did not make the cut (and that's because BMW Individual wanted about $2300 for the hood and I knew from checking that the retail parts price difference between the regular and creased hood was less than $400 so I elected not be be gouged on that item).

·
Registered
733 Posts
The BMW M6 Competition Package is different from the BMW M6 Competition Edition. The package is just the hood + wider rear wheels (1/2 inch), Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires, tweaked EDC (according to Drivers Republic the back was more willing to slide, so probably different tuning in other areas as well), and other minor details. The CE also meant Frozen Gray paint with black or black/silverstone interior as far as the posted "for sale" cars in Europe I have seen. The Edition got the Frozen Gray paint, the Package got everything else besides it as far as I can make of.
The Competition Package did not get the sills in Europe. The Competition Edition did get them + the numbered plaque as well.

The first car is a 2009 BMW M6 with the Competition Package (no special sills) and the second car is a 2010 BMW M6 Competition Edition 22/100. The FG were only sold in Europe as far as I can remember.
The package contained the following in Canada:

"Limited edition for Canada of 10 units - no planned US production

MY10 BMW Individual M6 Coupé Competition Edition equipment:

Competition Package
o Tuned and lowered suspension (12mm front, 10mm rear)
o Re-calibrated settings for EDC, DSC and ABS
o Modified M Differential Lock
o ½" wider forged alloy wheels (Track width and wheel design
unchanged vs. standard M6 Coupé)
o Pirelli PZero Corsa R-Compound Tires
o Engine hood with precision lines
Illuminated door sills with "///M6 Competition" designation
Sequentially numbered interior badge on roofliner
Exterior foil badging "Competition" on trunk lid below "M6"
SMG 7-speed Seqential M Gearbox mandatory
Audiophile Sound Package mandatory"

·
Registered
537 Posts
There are frozen grey in Canada

·
Registered
52 Posts
The guy who created the video (Ariel Bantog) is a salesman at "The BMW Store" in Vancouver, BC, which is an authorized Canadian BMW dealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow. That is a brand new car! Someone is going to get a bargain. That is the top of the pile collector wise. I wonder why it got sold?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree entirely Mark. In Australia that would have been a $400,000.00 car (yes $400k) and so now as basically a brand new car for $75k and extremely rare some lucky bugger will get a bargain. I would be on this like a fat kid on a smartie (or m&m)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great example for the collector indeed. However, it looks like the regular Competition package which was offered on the E63 M6. I prefer the Competition Edition for markets outside Canada.

Such as this one:

BMW M6 COMPETITION EDITION 46/100 PERFECT LIKE NEW! als Sportwagen/Coupé in Bialystok
Yes but the Canadian one has perhaps the lowest mileage of any E63 M6 worldwide and is a fraction of the price! It's also much rarer, 1 of 10 vs the Euro version which is 1 of 100 such Competition editions made.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts