BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this really an M6 Competition? Look to me like a normal M6 with the competition door sills and interior badge?

Where is the silverstone/black bi-color leather interior? White contrast stitching? Frozen Grey paintwork? Suspension? Aren't these four unique "individual options" what make up the M6 Competition Edition?

Who is this guy trying to fool?

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3wWti1n3AC8?rel=0&hd=1" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="450" width="980"></iframe>

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Never even heard of a M6 Competition. Maybe there is such a thing. Would be interesting to know what makes it a "competition" package.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Is this really an M6 Competition? Look to me like a normal M6 with the competition door sills and interior badge?

Where is the silverstone/black bi-color leather interior? White contrast stitching? Frozen Grey paintwork? Suspension? Aren't these four unique "individual options" what make up the M6 Competition Edition?
The video is from February 2010, and the seller is in Canada.
It could be an M6 Competition.
While some of the options you listed might have been possible, the Competition package does not include them all.
The package does include: lower springs, wider wheels, door sills, special drivetrain programming.
The hood is the only clearly visible difference, but this was also available on the 650 sport package (and Neiman Marcus M6).

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Yes, BMW did make 10 Competition Edition M6s for the Canadian market. And the 05 of 10 interior badge looks legit.

Clyde is correct. Despite the paint and leather, what makes it a Competition Edition is the running gear changes (lower, wider rims, etc.). Because of the lower height the car could not imported into the U.S. unless it underwent another round of Government testing. Which for a limited edition (I think they only made about 110 total worldwide) was not cost effective. Thank your Government for protecting you from lowered factory cars that are untested. Jeez...

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's is, and they came in black aswell.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's real, I have seen a black that looked identical at my local dealership.
I also saw a frozen grey one in person. It was amazing.
When it comes back off of lease, and if it's still in good shape I might snag it.

·
8,376 Posts
Mark and Clyde are correct. BMW did make an M6 competition edition.

I dont know if that one for sale from Canada is legit but I remember seeing M6 competition edition photos from BMW so I downloaded them because I am thinking of getting my silverstone interior two toned just like the competition edition.

Here you go:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the badge was throwing me off... looked genuine.

To each their own, and everyone has their own specific taste with cars.. Like driving debadged or whatnot. But why order an M6 Competition with standard interior and exterior options? The owner gave up everything unique about the car..

At least the one WTH posted had the individual paintwork. The YouTube one looks like any other normal US spec M6.

·
8,376 Posts
That's why I wondered too if the one for sale is legit.

As you can see from BMW photos, the door sill lights says "Competition Edition".

Yeah the badge was throwing me off... looked genuine.

To each their own, and everyone has their own specific taste with cars.. Like driving debadged or whatnot. But why order an M6 Competition with standard interior and exterior options? The owner gave up everything unique about the car..

At least the one WTH posted had the individual paintwork. The YouTube one looks like any other normal US spec M6.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
The hood, the door sill, the EDC setup, no 250km/h limite, drops the front and rear suspension by 12mm and 10mm respectively, and adds different Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres on wider rims (0.5inch). It also modifies the ABS, stability control and M Differential settings to suit – ostensibly aimed at improving cornering.are some of the differences between M6 and M6 competition

·
Registered
300 Posts

Who is this guy trying to fool?
It's probably real. A very small number of M6 Competitions were sold in Canada. I don't believe they included the custom interior, but they did have the updated hood, sills, wider rims, etc.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
As memory serves, BMW M initially had a production run of 100 for the European markets. So those cars are numbered xxx / 100 on the interior badge. Then they did 10 for Canada so they are xx / 10 on their badges as seen in the OP.

·
Registered
537 Posts
As I said above, with my own eyes I have seen a frozen grey with the Custom interior forsale at a local dealer.
So yes you could get it in Canada with that interior.
There was a few of them in the Toronto area. You could also order it with the run of the mill
Interior etc as the one above.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
As I said above, with my own eyes I have seen a frozen grey with the Custom interior forsale at a local dealer.
So yes you could get it in Canada with that interior.
There was a few of them in the Toronto area. You could also order it with the run of the mill
Interior etc as the one above.
Yeah, that cheesy standard Individual interior :haha:

Seriously, one of them would be a nice fine on the resale market for you Canadians.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts