BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
So you have changed the High-end DIRAC LPG speakers with Neodymium magnetic for FOCAL speaker? Strange thought :3:
It's same if I would change my TAD HI-FI speaker for some Focal :1:
I was concerned that it would not be worth it, but the sound quality is a lot better. I had Focals in my last car, and I have Focal Micro Utopias in my house.

And if I tell you I know very well focal and I don't like them as my speakers at home or car :tonquesmilie:
LPG are very high-end speakers maker and they are great in my car... But I haven't a M5 :byee55amg
I've heard LPG loudspeakers before, and I agree they are nice. Which speakers do you use in your car?

My car come with Karman Kardon L7, and I've changed all the things to upgrade for DIRAC ;)
All the explanations are on my topic :S

Wow, I just read some of your other post. It looks like you really know your electronics based on most of the post. Nice job upgrading from the Logic 7 amp to the DIRAC amp. Did you also upgrade your subs? If so which exact model did you use?

thanks for posting this great DIY. Well, I did it. Thank you OP for spending the time to make the awesome PDF how-to. With that said, I have an extra focal 100CA for sale for $70.00 local pick-up proffered (shipping is extra but promise to make it very prompt). Please send me an email at p h k 1 (at) l ive (dot) com.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
You are welcome! And thanks for the appreciation.

thanks for posting this great DIY. Well, I did it. Thank you OP for spending the time to make the awesome PDF how-to. With that said, I have an extra focal 100CA for sale for $70.00 local pick-up proffered (shipping is extra but promise to make it very prompt). Please send me an email at p h k 1 (at) l ive (dot) com.

Hi Phk1,

Dropped you an email couple of days ago. I am interested in getting this.

Cheers.

-- Vick

Thanks again Dan. Did the install today. There are some differences with the E60 M5:

1. As you all know 2 of the mounts have to be taken off on one side, On the M5 the fit is pretty tight so you will need to shave both mounts slightly to get it fitted. I took a little off at a time for a tight fit but was very close to the holes.

2. I didn't need to make the mounting holes larger as the screws went straight in and the M5 uses philips screws.

3. the centre cover barely clips back in as the tweet sits high but no complaints as it did fit with a slight bulge, nothing anyone would notice.

This one speaker made a nice difference in clarity and would recommend this mod as its farely simple if you follow Whathehecks DIY.

Will attempt the tweet upgrade when I get some time.

Discussion starter · #57 · (Edited)
I did a quick search and found a great deal for you.

Crutchfield is currently offering $50.00 off for the Focal 100CA1, plus free shipping. Now on sale for only $89.00 for the pair.
But I think free shipping is for US only.

focal 100ca at Crutchfield.com

Dan

QUOTE=princevick;2341200]*Bump*

If anyone has a spare focal 100ca , I will be more than glad to get it from you. :)

I am still looking for one. :)[/QUOTE]

@Dan:
Thanks for the link & info!

@OrlandoM6:
I am more than happy to get the extra speaker from you. I can't seem to PM or email you because my post count is less than 45? :( If you don't mind, could you please drop me an email at princevick[at]gmail[dot]com?

Thanks Mate!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.