BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL... just saw an 08 M6 Conv. Silver on black int... looks totally stock except a little "biturbo" badge right under the M6 badge on the trunk lid.... what the hell is all that about?????
As far as I know there isn't a twin turbo kit out there for this car yet.. but then again I could be wrong....
an old white guy with only half of his hair left was driving... in the pax seat was a hot hot little brunette 1/4 his age... LOL... I wonder what the daily rate for her was... anyway... just wondering if this guy was on the board...

·
Registered
560 Posts
****... if there is a turbo'd M6 is better be at the CFBMW poker run rally this weekend in O-town...

I doubt its legit, I've not heard anything of it anyways.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm..

thats what I thought... stupid old geeza silver fox trying to get it on with some young chick... hey babe.. look it got two turbos.... LOL
Tell me more about this poker run thing...
Thanks
Max

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
poker

Hey Ryan...
I read about it somewhere on this forum... apparently they meet up at the airport and drive around town... go through check points and get given a card with a certain value on it... and I guess at the end of the day what ever cards you have... thats your hand...who ever has the best hand wins... or something along that line... I just want to know if its on a Saturday or Sunday.... I hope Sunday.. so I can go see whats its all about.
Max

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yea, its in the southeast events thread, or you can look on their website www.cfbmw.org , its also posted in the forums on ours www.floridagerman.com

You pretty much have it, meet up, they give you a paper with a route to drive to 5 locations and you get a card at each and whoever gets the best hand wins prizes and such.

Its this Saturday, as in tommorrow, around 11:30 I think they want everyone to be there by so they can get everyone registered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Must be a FL thing with the older guys... Ran into an older fellow (twice) with a SLK55 with a "kompressor" badge on the side. We played on the road for a split second the first time and were pretty even overall. When I asked if he was supercharged or had a swap or...? he answered that the car was not supercharged which made sense based on our very brief run. He should have a slight advantage over me stock much less supercharged..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I believe 55s are Supercharged. Its the 63 engines that are N/A

Must be a FL thing with the older guys... Ran into an older fellow (twice) with a SLK55 with a "kompressor" badge on the side. We played on the road for a split second the first time and were pretty even overall. When I asked if he was supercharged or had a swap or...? he answered that the car was not supercharged which made sense based on our very brief run. He should have a slight advantage over me stock much less supercharged..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe 55s are Supercharged. Its the 63 engines that are N/A
Some 55's are supercharged including E55's (last gen), CLS55's, SL55's etc. Some 55's are not supercharged including SLK55's, E55's (first gen), CLK55's etc. You are correct in stating that no current 63's come supercharged from the factory.

The below is from MBUSA.com re the SLK55:

Engine 5,439 cc AMG-built SOHC 24-valve 90° V-8 engine. Aluminum-alloy cylinder block with reinforced valvetrain. Alloy cylinder heads and lightweight, high-performance camshafts with matched lightweight racing-derived pistons and connecting rods and balanced with a high-strength steel crankshaft.

Net power 355 hp @ 5,750 rpm
Net torque 376 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

·
Registered
274 Posts
Central FL look for my new "03" Alpine white

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
poker run

wanted to go out for the run but had to work that day... have to find a way not to work on Saturdays... maybe next time.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry I missed the big event but conflicting schedules prevailed :confused:
Hope to meet up with you and the group in the near future.

Keith

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
poker run

hey Keith,
I just ran into the guys who organized the poker run the other day, they said they have club meetings couple times a week.... I'm going to meet with one of the guys this afternoon.. I'll get some details..
Max

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
hey Keith,
I just ran into the guys who organized the poker run the other day, they said they have club meetings couple times a week.... I'm going to meet with one of the guys this afternoon.. I'll get some details..
Max
I'm one of the founders of the club...anything you need to know, I'll be happy to tell you.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CFBMW

in that case you probably know Frank... I was over at the new shop today to talk to him about a few minor mods that I'm going to be doing on the M6

1 - 20 of 27 Posts