BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Its funny how people start to trash the design when they see how fast M-cars are. Sound like bad excuses.
Design is so personal and change from human to human, there is one thing you cant change and that's the performance BMW have (for a relative cheap price).

Fact is, BMW has build a awesome car and noone can take that away from them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am on the wait list for the M6 and I will use that on a daily basis. I think BMW has done a fantastic job on this car (based on reports in).

Having owned Porsches, BMW's and others, here is my opinion. Other than the GT2 or GT3, Porsches have lost it a bit. The last one I owned was a 1999 996 C4. It was quite a disapointment from a build perspective. As far a performance, it was just O.K. The engine was redesigned and was not all that great. It will be a while before I own another Porsche, I am sad to say.

Being a Porsche lover every since I was a kid, that camp generally has a hard time looking at the merits of other fine manufacturers (there's no substitute?), I know, I was like that. As I get older and wiser?? I am more able to look at and consider all cars with more objectivity.....bring on the M6, it's the best coupe I have seen in a long long time!

·
Registered
831 Posts
There is nothing in any of the reviews so far that would dampen my desire for an M6, and I cant wait to get mine next year. The Gallardo may outperform it but it is too espensive and specialized for me. The M6 can be used as a regular car, and also as a performance car. I also have had Porsches and take nothing away from them. I just want a change.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ronan said:
There is nothing in any of the reviews so far that would dampen my desire for an M6, and I cant wait to get mine next year. The Gallardo may outperform it but it is too espensive and specialized for me. The M6 can be used as a regular car, and also as a performance car. I also have had Porsches and take nothing away from them. I just want a change.

Ronan

The M6 is faster than a gallardo .See Autobahn rasers post on the m6 vs gallardo vs viper

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hoho, I started that thread on 6speed. :)

I didn't know it was going to be 4 pages... hiha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts