BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Guys,

Sorry to have to say, but this BL01934 looks very very different now than what you see on the pictures here. Especially with the doors open :) A real, real shame, don't recognise it back practically when seeing the interiour in those pictures already :( Some definately went terribly wrong between sept. 2002 and now... :S

I can assure you with 100% warranty, if the car would have looked somehow like seen on the pictures here, it would have been mine past saturday for the 13K :) Already went down there with a down-payment in my pocket... :(

Cya

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Shame that sellers are often not straight-up on the phone.

When people are disappointed at first glance, its very hard to compensate that in order to make the sale. Or it has to be cheap, but then most people will start about corroded exhaust tips and missing cigarette lighters...

Shame that cars can't be retrieved to previous condition as shown by Raymond, the plastic bits in the trunk are hugely expensive and adding the € 3k it will take to get it condition 1-2 , the price really isn't that good anymore for a high-miler.

Settle for a german!

Wout

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Wout,

Sorry, but afraid you're too optimistic there. It's ofcourse subjective, states 1-5 (well....5.... :) ), but 3K really really won't bring you to state 1-2, for that a lot more would be needed.

The trunk parts you'd normally wouldn't get from a dealer, then that figure is a LOT higher. More worrying financially are IMHO the leather-parts needing replacement (restoring would cost even more I believe), all electric-issues like the seats, you'll be busy for some time, but especially the respraying and so and if something should be wrong with it (since it behaves a bit different than with mine), event. the EDC-stuff. And this is what's know without a good test-drive so far.

BTW, as I wrote. THe replacement-engine came in AFAIR somewhere around 98K KM's or so. And then the replacement-one was driven for at least 50 r 70K KM's on 0W30 which is I believe also quite off. With all do respect, after 120K KM's now on it it's probably better than an engine with original 215K KM's on it, depending on the viewpoint and a lot of aspects one doesn't know now, but still shouldn't be overrated...

And to put it like this, when seeing how the car 'changed' in the past 5 years state-wise, even if it was brought to the dealer for service, I wouldn't be so sure than next to the interiour maybe nothing else was 'mistreated' IMHO. The missing 2 services KM-wise in the booklet give an indication of that already. Maybe I'm right with that, maybe not, one doesn't know.
But as all owners here know, an M5 is already part-price wise not exactely comparable to an E36 so a good basis with least problems to be normally expected is trying to play safe(r)...and getting one which is suspect a potentially expensive risk. :) Either way, never get one without some 4 digits for it reserved in the bank, just in case . :)

My 2c.

Cya
Rene.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Terry

They've probably been working on the ignition already for that Sebring misses the cover..Well, for € 2,5k I'd get it..Looks nice!

@ Rene

3K was basically a number I figured it would cost me to bring it up to spec myself.

Obviously, thats not counting the hours put into it. Even with an hourly rate thats about half of the dealer's, its still easy to get to €2k labour alone with the things like timing chain tensioner, water pump & fluid change , usual tyre and brake wear and the neverending suspension woes.

If one was to buy this car and have a third party bring it back to good condition, its pretty far from feasable IMO. Especially not with the German prices at the mo, bearing in mind some BPM but also the fun of getting it!

BTW this is a rare car..Nürburgring Edition* 3.6!

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=jrrzgpbty3d

* yes Karl I know..Not the correct name and never supplied on non-EDC 3.6

And an S70 E34 :

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=thu1zf1ri2x

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hey Simon,
Yes, I concidered purchasing BL01934 at the time, however I didn't want to part with mine for trade money.

Juding from the description from mx5freak, I estimate BL01934 now to be in condition 3-4, meaning drivable, but needs restoration. BL01859 was in a much better shape when it was offered for sale with 291k km in spring 2006 for slightly less then 9k, at least it was properly serviced up until 289k km.
-
BL01859 - € 38.500 - 391.000 km - EZ 31.01.1996 (!)
(NL) NN-JP-84 - Almost Classic Cars NL-2825 NC BERKENWOUDE
-
https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/b...8fa6?cldtidx=1

21 - 31 of 31 Posts