BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to tint my M5,

I need some pictures of your M5's if they are tinted, and what % they are


Thanks!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
136 Posts
I have 20% Llumar all the way around. If your car has black interior, the tint will look even darker. Since you're in Vegas, I think 20% all around will be perfect without being too dark like "limo tint", which looks kinda ghetto IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
20% all around. I am happy with this percentage.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
I just had 13% Solar Gard High Performace Charcoal put on the car and it looks 1000x better and it cools down 10x faster. Even if you don't like the look of a tinted window, get it it anyway. They make CLEAR tint that can still block all the harmful sun rays that are bad for your interior, and you. So it's worth it no matter.

Before and After's






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
You cant go wrong with the tint it will help keep your car cool and looks nice, I just wouldnt get a metalized film I have heard of some members having trouble with nav and radio reception, but I could be wrong, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
bmwusa said:
You cant go wrong with the tint it will help keep your car cool and looks nice, I just wouldnt get a metalized film I have heard of some members having trouble with nav and radio reception, but I could be wrong, Josh
Metallic tints can have an effect on radio and NAV reception, but I've never experienced it in my M3 or in the M5. I don't use the NAV a lot, but when I did, I never had an issue. It probably has minor impact on FM when you go through areas where signal strength is less in general. I don't listen to AM, so can't comment on that.

If you are really worried about it, there are ceramic tints out there. In the case of Solar Gard, the High Performance line is metallic (what I got) and then Non Reflective line is non metallic, but I do not believe it is ceramic.

You'll tend to find that metallic tints have lifetime warranty, and non metallic's have a 5 year. I'm not sure about ceramics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
35% all around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
That's the first, and probably least expensive, thing I'm getting done to my car. :7:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
HDClown said:
I just had 13% Solar Gard High Performace Charcoal put on the car and it looks 1000x better and it cools down 10x faster. Even if you don't like the look of a tinted window, get it it anyway. They make CLEAR tint that can still block all the harmful sun rays that are bad for your interior, and you. So it's worth it no matter.

Before and After's






What did you clean your wheels with!!!????:eek: They look really good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
My wheels were chromed by a previous owner, so that's why they look like that. At first I was like, "ehhh, bling bling" but it's grown on me. I don't find it too obvious on the Le Mans Blue color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
I need to get this done myself actually, what are the better kinds of "non-metallic" tint that I should scout for at the local shops before settling in on one or the other? Unless someone in the area has a good place to get it done at?

:cheers:

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
HDClown said:
My wheels were chromed by a previous owner, so that's why they look like that. At first I was like, "ehhh, bling bling" but it's grown on me. I don't find it too obvious on the Le Mans Blue color.
If you ever decide they're too much, I'd gladly trade ya!:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
SeanMD said:
I need to get this done myself actually, what are the better kinds of "non-metallic" tint that I should scout for at the local shops before settling in on one or the other? Unless someone in the area has a good place to get it done at?

:cheers:

Sean
Stick with Solar Gard, Llumar, Formula 1, or 3M. They are the premium brands for tint and will all offer high quality films.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top