BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's a thread To post all of you're snowy beasts pics from this winter (or past)! Show the utilitarian side of our German muscle:M5thumbs:

I'm in my 3rd winter with my beast, and she loves it. Running Blizzak LM60's on OEM front rims all around, the car is not only very dependable, but an absolute blast! It's funny seeing the confused looks from the German muscle roar through the snow in a sea of 4x4 trucks, Thule ski box and all :haha:

Here's some of the pics I've got so far.

4. M5 Snow plow!

5. The result:

-Connor :cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I will play :)

Taken in December 2010.

Also, movie of having fun with the beast:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vQGN4F5KkhA?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here's my snow-bound beast:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
im in!, probably didnt get as much of the white stuff as you guys but as you can see although the M5 stayed on the drive
I did have loads of fun in my van! oh and the last photo is a lesson in how to look after a roller!
It did get washed and put in the garage soon after though!

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet pics! I want to make a camera rig this winter so I can take cool wide angle rolling pics in the white stuff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Proper thread. I love seeing cars used!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I really enjoy seeing your pics of the M5, Connor. These ones are one of my favorites!

·
Registered
237 Posts
At first short video:
And then the result:

And yes, it was stuck:applause:

Reactions: joeywx

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thread so far, keep em coming :M5thumbs:

I really enjoy seeing your pics of the M5, Connor. These ones are one of my favorites!
Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you!

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Sorry for the poor quality photos but hear are a few pictures of my beast in the snow.

BTW, a little tip...

if you ever get stuck in the snow and have no one to help push you out, use your rubber mats for traction! You can place them under the stuck tire(s) to give them some traction. It's funny how they sometimes iare sent flying depending on whether you are reversing or trying to go forward. This trick has helped me when I've gotten stuck with not a soul in sight to help.

Cheers,

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
very nice

At first short video:
And then the result:

And yes, it was stuck:applause:
omg cool! A beast owner who's a chick! Btw JUMBO I love the look of your Avus beast sliding on AC Schnitzers:1: Argh...where's the drool emoticon...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thats my girlfriend:D But we have at least one girl beast owner here in finland, and you can find her in m5board too:M5thumbs:

·
4,395 Posts
Any of you guys running 17" winter tires/rims? If so, how's the drive and the look of smaller rims?
sor118 + tiauguinho are on bmw style 66 17" wheels
&
inverno + tj hunter seem to be on borbet 17" wheels

i have rial salernos w/ blizzaks

at first17" looks tiny, but they end up working ok
- it's not some crazy small wheel
- if you run factory size 235/45/17 the wheels will look skinnier on the rear though
- 245/40/17 next time

BMW style 66 on blue thunders car

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: sor118
1 - 20 of 58 Posts