BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea on where there may be 2000 M5's for sale. I am willing to pay up to 5,000 over MSRP, I just really need to get one. (Preferably Avus Blue, with Le-mans Sportive interior.)

~ Jason

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I just had to bring this post back to life....

THIS IS THE FIRST POST ON THE BOARD....

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
You had me there, Mike. I was thinking, "I thought Jason already had a '01 M5!?!"

Kind of ironic that the first post would be asking about acquiring a M5. :D

G

·
0 Posts
haha...I was confussed at first, then i saw your post Mike and thought WOW!...this is the first post:eek: :biggrin:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the first post from when the board switched over to where it is now I believe....I'm pretty sure that's how it is anyway!

~ Jason
2001 Lemans/Lemans

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Wow ... first post.

but only 6 replies! hiha

:cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
This is really neat. I thought for a second that M5 prices just shot up ;).

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Can any of you old timers enlighten us as to what the old board looked like? Was it anything like how it is on roadfly.com?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Don't remember it clearly as I was only a browser in the early days of the board, but all I can say is that it was very simple (not roadfly.org like) and nothing compared to the bells and whistles we have today with the vbulletin software.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually think it was VBulletin software, just a very basic version of it, because I remember that the layout was almost exactly the same without the graphics, PM's, anything like that. I also think I remember it being a brown background...but I may be mistaken there.

~ Jason
2001 Lemans/Lemans

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
198 Posts
Uh, just wanted to point out that this thread seems to be the oldest one to date per previous comments kinggf

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Uh, just wanted to point out that this thread seems to be the oldest one to date per previous comments kinggf
Have no idea how my response above got posted here. It is posted in Paul Hughes 'track question" thread where it belongs.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have any luck? I am still waiting on mine......supposed to ship from Germany on 15 December. Holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd be pretty mad if I bought a 2000 M5 in 2000 and in 2014 it was still on it's way from Germany.
LOL. BUT at least it would be still worth about the same MSRP back in 2000 at EAG, maybe even more?! Try that with a Ford Taurus. An E39 M5 that should have like less than 20 miles for a guess?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I am guessing this- being the very first thread in the forum- somehow received posts due to a bug.

Still, 14.7 years later...marvel at someone offering $5000 over msrp. That car is selling for $8k now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts