BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did all M5s come with suade headliners and rear decks. I have a 01 that does have suade and my buddy has a 02 that doesn't.. both are equally equipt and have the sport interior. any ideas? both cars were bought second hand if it matters.. :confused2
thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
blown 2.8 said:
did all M5s come with suade headliners and rear decks. I have a 01 that does have suade and my buddy has a 02 that doesn't.. both are equally equipt and have the sport interior. any ideas? both cars were bought second hand if it matters.. :confused2
thanks
I thought it was standard, but my Vehicle Information sheet says it's an Order Option #776 "Indiv. Roof-Lining Alcantara Anthracite". Ask your buddy to get a copy from BMW and see if it's listed in his Order Option section.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a_ok2me said:
I thought it was standard, but my Vehicle Information sheet says it's an Order Option #776 "Indiv. Roof-Lining Alcantara Anthracite". Ask your buddy to get a copy from BMW and see if it's listed in his Order Option section.
will do.. he does have a black headliner and rear deck its just not suade.. and this is the first time that ive seen a M5 with out that option. thanks for your input :thumbsup:

·
10,458 Posts
i *think* it was optional with the luxury interior.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
In Europe it came with the Full Leather package otherwise it was an expensive option :sad1:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Speaking from a US-spec perspective, I don't believe it is an MY 01 vs. 02 issue. It has to do with the choice of trim (Sport vs. Exclusive/Luxury and adding either the Complete Leather or Extended Leather option). According to BMW's official M5 factoid, under the "Color and Upholstery Selection" it reads:
  • Extended Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, center console, center armrest and sun visors
  • Complete Leather includes leather on the door pulls, door armrests, door panels, center console, center armrest, sun visors, dashboard, glovebox door, upper door trims and lower B-pillar plus Alcantara on the A-pillar, upper B-pillar, C-pillar and rear parcel shelf
  • An Alcantara headliner was included with the Complete Leather interior and available as a no-cost option with the Extended Leather interior from the start of production, then made standard with all Sport+Exclusive/Luxury interiors as of 09/00.
Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts