BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Road Trip

Hey Ray,
If you want I will drive your S3 to the meet...LOL..just so you can be there in spirit!
S
You really know how to hurt a guy:confused3 FWIW you're the only one other than Harry, who I would entrust the S3 to. Would much rather be doing this run rather than driving a forking Hertz Impala (nicest thing I could get on a 1-week, one-way rental) from NYC to St. Louis, MOouich

My daughter will be starting her Junior year at Washington University at St. Louis later this month. Second semester she'll be studying in Paris! My brilliant plan was to FedEx all her 'stuff' to friends of my wife's, who live near the college and then for the three of us to fly R/T to St. Louis. I was out voted:1zhelp: I couldn't even work the M5 into the mix 'cause the wifelovelove wants to drive out & fly back.

We're overdue for a get together of the NY crew at your restaurant. I'll give you a call after Labor Day (we're going to our beach house when we get back) and let's try and set something up. I hope all is well with you and your family.

--Ray

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
You really know how to hurt a guy:confused3 FWIW you're the only one other than Harry, who I would entrust the S3 to. Would much rather be doing this run rather than driving a forking Hertz Impala (nicest thing I could get on a 1-week, one-way rental) from NYC to St. Louis, MOouich

My daughter will be starting her Junior year at Washington University at St. Louis later this month. Second semester she'll be studying in Paris! My brilliant plan was to FedEx all her 'stuff' to friends of my wife's, who live near the college and then for the three of us to fly R/T to St. Louis. I was out voted:1zhelp: I couldn't even work the M5 into the mix 'cause the wifelovelove wants to drive out & fly back.

We're overdue for a get together of the NY crew at your restaurant. I'll give you a call after Labor Day (we're going to our beach house when we get back) and let's try and set something up. I hope all is well with you and your family.

--Ray
I Here ya Ray,
Shipping my son off to college on Aug. 26th...we will def. get together.....and remember I have dibs on the S3 when you decide to get something FASTER!!!...LOL
BTW, when your daughter goes to Paris let me know...I have a family home there...LOL

·
Registered
8,301 Posts

.OH bummer Ray............to bad. My kids just finished with college and I have them home with my wife and I ???!!!!<<<<......
.I talked to Boomer, he has to work....selling Whine !!!!...lol he said he might stop by in the AM.....????

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
.OH bummer Ray............to bad. My kids just finished with college and I have them home with my wife and I ???!!!!<<<<......
.I talked to Boomer, he has to work....selling Whine !!!!...lol he said he might stop by in the AM.....????
Brett always uses that excuse. Who the hell is buying wine at 9am on Saturday morning??? Hahahahaha! I'll shoot Brett a call too. Peer pressure always seems to work.

Ray - Bummed you can't make it, but I do think you should let Sergio borrow the S3, since you'll be in a rental in the middle of the country. hiha

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
1. C's Bimmer
2. m630<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
3. MCar
4. Diny<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
5. UFH
6. Ziggy6
7. Blue Angel
8. Andrew - A BIG maybe
9. Kelster - Doubtful
10. bboomer - Who sells wine at 9am on a Saturday morning? Hahahahaha! Brett - you better be there. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A little lead time next time,
Sorry about that Andrew. I actually meant to PM you a few weeks ago, but things have been a little nutty on my end. The wife and I just had a baby girl a couple of months ago and between work and helping out at home with the new addition, I've been going a little stir crazy...hence the reason I haven't been on the board a lot lately. Anyway, hoping you can make it pal. Would be great to see you. :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Sorry about that Andrew. I actually meant to PM you a few weeks ago, but things have been a little nutty on my end. The wife and I just had a baby girl a couple of months ago and between work and helping out at home with the new addition, I've been going a little stir crazy...hence the reason I haven't been on the board a lot lately. Anyway, hoping you can make it pal. Would be great to see you. :)

Great News! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I Here ya Ray,
Shipping my son off to college on Aug. 26th...we will def. get together.....and remember I have dibs on the S3 when you decide to get something FASTER!!!...LOL
BTW, when your daughter goes to Paris let me know...I have a family home there...LOL
Definitely need to talk to you about Paris. I'll give you a call after Labor Day.

--Ray

·
Registered
286 Posts
I Should be in getting the car back this weekend after long hibernation (Long story)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Looks like I will be around. We have a photshoot for the fire department for a guy who is doing a book on local heros. not sure what thime the shoot is, but I should be able to make either the early meet or the lucnh depending on the timing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
We have a photshoot for the fire department
Are you still trying for Mr. December? In case you're not aware, the point of the calendars is to RAISE money, not lose money. LOL! Sorry bud...couldn't resist. :haha::haha:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I just lost the rear right shock tower in my car, but should be ready by next weekend's meet. Just the other week I lost the rear subframe due to rust and now this sh$t! If it aint one thing its the other! :crying2:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Are you still trying for Mr. December? In case you're not aware, the point of the calendars is to RAISE money, not lose money. LOL! Sorry bud...couldn't resist. :haha::haha:

Not a calendar -- thats for amatuers! Its a book and (lucky for all) we will be clothed.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Sure u can come! I used to own a 2000 avus blue M5, but now I own an E36 M3 and still will show up. :hihi:
Nik,
You should have gotten the rear towers re-enforced...there is a simple fix where they weld inserts into the towers so that what happened to you dont happen.
Make sure they do them when you get it fixed.
S

21 - 40 of 80 Posts