BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received a lot of requests from some of the old timers to organize another big Meet before the summer is over. A bunch of us collaborated on a date, so my apologies for not posting a Poll. If you attended the Spring Meet in June of 2008, it's going to be similar. For those that missed that Meet, it was by far one of the largest 5 series/M5/M6 Meets. We had 90+ members/cars attend. Here is the picture thread from that Meet. A few pages in and you'll see how we actually shut down a major highway on Long Island. Hahahahaha!

http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showto...l=Meet&st=0

Details:

When: 9am - Saturday, August 22nd
Where: 300 Jericho Turnpike, Long Island, NY
Who: E60.net & M5Board Members.
Why: Why not?
What: Stop asking so many questions! Just be there!

9am: Arrive at Meeting Spot and introduce yourself to your fellow E60.net/M5Board friends and members. - Just like last time, I will arrange to have a Food Truck be on the premises to feed those that didn't catch breakfast.
11am: Head out for a nice, long drive around scenic Long Island. Let's try and not stop traffic on the Robert Moses Parkway this time around.

1:30pm: Lunch along the water - Steamboat Landing - Glen Cove (Just like 2 years ago, we will have the entire Deck outside and the Parking Lot will be closed off for our cars only). This place is VERY similar to Torches on the Water from the Bear Mtn Meet. The parking lot is right next to the Deck and the water is below our feet.

We will have 5-10 sponsors with lots of goodies to give away.

The morning meeting spot was chosen based on it's ease of access via the LIE coming from both directions. It's VERY easy to get to and centrally located. It's a Business Park that has an enormous lot in the back. This lot can easily accomodate over a few thousand cars. We should be able to get some great pictures with everyone in different formations.

The address is:

300 Jericho Turnpike
Jericho, NY 11793
**NOTE: DO NOT PLUG THIS ADDRESS INTO NAV. IT WILL TAKE YOU TO A PRIVATE RESIDENCE A FEW MILES AWAY**

Directions from West(NY, NJ, CT):
LIE - Exit 40E. Proceed to 2nd traffic light, make left into 300 Jericho, go to REAR of building. Large parking in the back. Go to back of lot.

Directions from Eastern Long Island:
LIE - Exit 40E. Go to 1st traffic light, make right onto Jericho tpke. 1st light, make left into 300 Jericho, proceed straight back to REAR of building. Large parking lot in the back. Go to back of lot.

/C

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start the list...

1. C's Bimmer
2. m630

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Man, I would love to, but it does not look like I will be around.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are currently 36 members from E60.net that are signed up for this Meet. I'll add their names to this list at the end.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Meet, Sergio. Andrew - Total bummer you can't make it. You're always at my Meets. If your plans change, please make an appearance. Would be great to see you.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
.I'll be there !!!!!!!!!!! Place to stay ?????? NO RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
.Andrew: don't be such a PUSSY be there!!! I need some bagels :cheers:
.Is there going to be anything for longest ride there???

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
.I'll be there !!!!!!!!!!! Place to stay ?????? NO RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
yeah a dozen bagels...LMAO......what is your fancy....Everything....Poppy Seed....Cin Raisin....Egg....Salted....you name it you got it!
S

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Are you in Santa? I am supposed to be going to MD with the family to visit my sister in law. I might be bailing for something for the Fire Department . If so, I am in, but it is going to be tough to pull off. A little lead time next time,

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
put me as a maybe depends how i feel had a freak accident at work dont want to go into details but you will see what happened if i come

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
put me as a maybe depends how i feel had a freak accident at work dont want to go into details but you will see what happened if i come
Hey man are u OK? I had a freeak accident too 2 weeks ago. I have a scar right by my eye brow. Company door wasn't secured and wind blew the gate on my face. Put me in the hospital where I met up with my lawyer. We are in the process to sue their balls off. Best jewish lawyer in the business! Nothing like an Arab and a Jew uniting as one for that green $$$. :cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL!!!! Love the guilt we lay on each other. Hahahahaha!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Road Trip

Unfortunately I'm supposed to be driving my daughter back to college in St. Louis (in a rental)hmmm starting out on Thursday August 20, so I will have to take a pass. Should that change (I convince my wife to put her on a plane) I'll be there.

--Ray

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Kelster, how can we have a MEET without YOU ??? Try your Damdest please.....
.Andrew PLEASE be there...NO EXCUSES !!!!
Santa LOVES Garlic and Onion bagles, Andy knows !!!!
I will call BOOMER too.............
.Is there a local place to stay overnite???
.Sergio your the BALLS !!!

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
If I am home and attend, you are welcome to crash at my place.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Unfortunately I'm supposed to be driving my daughter back to college in St. Louis (in a rental)hmmm starting out on Thursday August 20, so I will have to take a pass. Should that change (I convince my wife to put her on a plane) I'll be there.

--Ray
Hey Ray,
If you want I will drive your S3 to the meet...LOL..just so you can be there in spirit!
S

1 - 20 of 80 Posts