BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hereby announce that m5board.com as well as m6board.com ("The Unofficial BMW M5 Homepage") was purchased by Mercedes-AMG GmbH in a cash transaction.

The change in ownership is effective immideatly.

This concept will be further developed in detail in the coming weeks and will be submitted to the Supervisory Board of DaimlerChrysler AG for a final decision at the end of April.

Additionaly, BMW M5 E39 owners or M5 E60/M6 E63 deposit holders registred as members on m5board.com are eligable for a rebate of 7% of any Mercedes-AMG model worldwide.

More details will follow shortly.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: m5board.com Purchased by Mercedes-AMG

:nono: Happy April Fools Day.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

Mako5 said:
:nono: Happy April Fools Day.
That was my initial thought too but then I thought I would watch the posts :crying:
Ken

·
Registered
183 Posts

Who are you trying to fool Gustav??? I just got off the phone with Mercedes-AMG in Germany, their rep told me the actual deal is any registered member here is entitled to a free 1 year test drive of the E55!! I guess they're trying to get the protential E60 M5 owner to switch :p

·
Registered
5,226 Posts

Gustav,

So I am assuming the name will change to the M5AMG board. I guess this would also go along with FedX and UPS joing forces to be called FedUP.

Mark

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

Gustav said:
I hereby announce that m5board.com as well as m6board.com ("The Unofficial BMW M5 Homepage") was purchased by Mercedes-AMG GmbH in a cash transaction.
Good one!

So when are they pulling the plug on the server? Sounds like an effective way to suppress BMW enthusiasm & M sales! I would believe this move, if you signed a contract promising to keep the new owner secret. Mercedes would not allow you to announce such a ownership transaction.

April Fools..... :cheers:

B

·
0 Posts

Sounds good. So I guess I will not be sending you the sponsorship fee?

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
680 Posts

Happy April Fools everybody. :)

-Matthew

·
Registered
400 Posts
haha good one. But I'm also the guy that thought Coca-Cola was joking when they pulled the original formula from the market.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gustav, will we notice the board has changed hands?
Will you still be the Webmaster? Will the moderators be the same as now? Will the layout of the board change in any manner?
I hope it all works out well...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

MAH said:
Gustav,

So I am assuming the name will change to the M5AMG board. I guess this would also go along with FedX and UPS joing forces to be called FedUP.

Mark
I think actually AMG-M55 (with a twin supercharged V10) dot com :blabla:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love the fact that some of the members on this board may not understand the concept of April Fool's Day - is it truly recognized across the globe?

Good one - you got the first attempt of the day!

:1:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts