BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone done any upgrade to m54 engine and Gain more HP ?
..... if yes what yall did to your enginee

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think you posted in the wrong section or really wrong forum.... ? No one is swapping their v10 for an older straight six, that is anything but an upgrade.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All e60 are not V10 and these topic ppl don't want to get m5 and deal with all there problem that come with it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ppl who have m54 don't think this engine you can add little more Hp for daily driver ..
Considering the fact that this engine is rather powerful it does not need any serious modifications or upgrades. You should forget about chip tuning. It does not have any sense here. We are opting for classical set of tuning camshafts. Schrick 264/248 camshafts with 10.5/10 mm lift will be a perfect choice to increase the level of HP. You will additionally need cold air intake and performance exhaust system taken from Supersprint, for example.
When tuning of ECU is over, your engine will have from 260 to 270 HP.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You're on an M5 forum not a 5 series forum, so just about all E60's here are V10. Why would V10 owners have any idea about swapping base motors?

For answers pertaining to regular 5 series I'd check 5series.net, 5post, bimmerforums etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts