BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my imagination or do the Merecedes and Porsche Xenons look much brighter than the M5's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It must NOT be your imagination because I have noticed the same thing. I don't know about the MB but the Porsche's Xenons appear to be brighter than the Bimmer's. In fact, I think even the Audi's is somewhat brighter.

How about you Jack? You ought to know for sure

Originally posted by MJ:
Is it my imagination or do the Merecedes and Porsche Xenons look much brighter than the M5's?

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I've also noticed that the BMW Xenons are a lot bluer than other cars...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I assume you guys don't often encounter your own cars coming at you at night. Are you comparing what you see from inside the M5 - your own illumination of objects vs. the headlights of oncoming audis and porsches?

I'm not real sure, but my wife's '00 A6 has Xenons - and from inside both cars I'd say they're about the same. I haven't lined them both up in the dark and walked 300 feet away to look back - but I'm sure the perception of brightness would have as much to do with headlight alignment as it would with real brightness.

Anybody with a light meter up for a scientific evaluation?

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
well, I compared the lights looking straight on. Not from inside the cars... and the BMW xenons are clearly much bluer than mercedes ones when you look at them next to each other.
Terence

1 - 5 of 5 Posts