BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone in Europe find out what the specs of the M5 Winter Wheels and Package are?

Specifically, the dimensions of the wheel - I've been told they're 18" and what tyres they put on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome - thanks - now I suppose we just have to wait to read the owner's manual to see what tyres have been recommended to put on these wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
They come standard with Michelin Pilot. Cost is equal to 3300 EUR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
offsets the same as e39 M5?

Ashok Arora said:
Anybody know if the offsets for the new wheels are the same as on our current cars? I have a set of winter tires & wheels I'd like to use if I can, since my car is leased and I won't be handing them over to a new owner. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Re: offsets the same as e39 M5?

metzger said:
Anybody know if the offsets for the new wheels are the same as on our current cars? I have a set of winter tires & wheels I'd like to use if I can, since my car is leased and I won't be handing them over to a new owner. Thanks!
E39 winter wheels were ET:20 all round

E60 Winter wheel is ET:20 rear and ET:14 front
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
EKAN said:
They come standard with Michelin Pilot. Cost is equal to 3300 EUR.
Drove M5 for 2 days last week (before engine broke down, probably needs replacement!), it had Dunlop Winter Sport M3 DSST (runflat) tires on (came like that from Munich), the rims were as on pic ...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
It broke down, mmmmmm I sure hope it's one of the pre-production examples, 'cause if it's a normal production one....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
BG said:
It broke down, mmmmmm I sure hope it's one of the pre-production examples, 'cause if it's a normal production one....
it was indeed a pre-production spec car for press.
according to the journalist that drove the car at the time. it was the bad oil pump that caused the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
tifosi said:
it was indeed a pre-production spec car for press.
according to the journalist that drove the car at the time. it was the bad oil pump that caused the problem.
Yes, it was the oil pump, but I do not belive it was a preproduction car ... It was 2 weeks old (2500 km), so I guess it was a normal production car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Re: offsets the same as e39 M5?

metzger said:
Anybody know if the offsets for the new wheels are the same as on our current cars? I have a set of winter tires & wheels I'd like to use if I can, since my car is leased and I won't be handing them over to a new owner. Thanks!
One thing you have to remember the centre bore on the e39 is 74.1mm and the centre bore on the e60 is 72.6mm. You will need to get hold of some of the small rings before you mount the wheels otherwise you will get vibration.

The offsets are fine, slight difference but nothing that will cause you a problem with winter wheels.

Cheers
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top