BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a follow up to a previous thread I started,I've sent one set of rims to be coated etc
by Rimfurbish and that leaves me with the other set which are on the car at the moment.
They will need refurbishing but are the geniune items and I wish too sell these .Should i
send these for refurbishment or sell as is?Any suggestions what sort of prices I might
get for them etc?Cheers Jim.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I would wait and see what type of job they do on the 1st set before sending these out for a refurb.

Although, in my opinion you should at least try to sell them as-is. I'm sure someone is looking for a winter or trackday setup, in which case they wouldn't need a refurb'd wheel. If you don't get the price you want you can always have them refurb'd and I'm sure you'd get a reasonable price at that point.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
No point refurbishing unless you want to keep them. A new owner can take care of that themselves and maybe would rather pay a little less for beat up wheels so they can get them powder coated or something. Basically you are taking an option away from them and charging them more by refurbishing them on your side.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maybe sell them individually as someone might want to buy a single unit or a pair, I for one have been thinking about keeping a spare in the boot myself.

I would feel happier knowing I have a spare in the car, not so sure about this mobility thing.

·
1,946 Posts
Harry, remember they're different sizes so a spare might not be too useful unless you put rears on the front as well...

Jim, I might be interested. Drop me a pm and let me know how much you want for them in their current doggy state?

YG

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Member Stanton just swapped his oem wheels for aftermarket. He was asking £550 on ebaay for his set.
I think somewhere around that figure is reasonable.Plenty of M5 Style wheels on ebay!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think their something like £500.00 each new aren,t they?????

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: harry d

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Probably heavy as sin, I'd want to know the brand to be confident of strength, also need to confirm offset. Plus there can be issues with the centre bore diameter.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Probably heavy as sin, I'd want to know the brand to be confident of strength, also need to confirm offset. Plus there can be issues with the centre bore diameter.
Just emailed them to find out more about the Brand of alloy and tyres, speed rating, offset etc - will see what they come up with..??

Also asked for more additional pics as they might look rubbish from a side angle, I like the lip though...!!!

·
1,946 Posts
Harry, those wheels aren't my bag at all. I get black with polished rims...just not like that.

But hey, as we've said before, each to their own!

YG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts