BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm I'm looking to purchase the new M5 rims, however, not sure they will fit on an 05' 530i w/sports package. The M5 specs are 8.5J X 19 Front, and 9.5J X 19 Rear. Also the tires are 255/40/ZR19 Front, and 285/35/ZR19 Rear. Concerned about the tires rubbing in the wheel well or fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
THE WHEELS WILL FIT BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO CHANGE TIRE SIZE
245/40/19 AND 275/35/19
OTHERWISE YOU MAY HAVE TO ROLL THE FENDERS
MY FATHER IS PICKING HIS 525 UP ON A EURO DELIVERY ON THE 12TH OF AUG AND LOOKING TO PUT 645 SPORT 19 WHEELS ON THAT ONE.
CHP CA 15333

tprenaldo said:
hmmm I'm looking to purchase the new M5 rims, however, not sure they will fit on an 05' 530i w/sports package. The M5 specs are 8.5J X 19 Front, and 9.5J X 19 Rear. Also the tires are 255/40/ZR19 Front, and 285/35/ZR19 Rear. Concerned about the tires rubbing in the wheel well or fenders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MLOCO said:
THE WHEELS WILL FIT BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO CHANGE TIRE SIZE
245/40/19 AND 275/35/19
OTHERWISE YOU MAY HAVE TO ROLL THE FENDERS
MY FATHER IS PICKING HIS 525 UP ON A EURO DELIVERY ON THE 12TH OF AUG AND LOOKING TO PUT 645 SPORT 19 WHEELS ON THAT ONE.
CHP CA 15333
Thanks I'll have to research it further to see if the rim and tire fit in the wheel well. You would think that the 530i w/sports package has the same platform as the M5!

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
10-4
tprenaldo said:
Thanks I'll have to research it further to see if the rim and tire fit in the wheel well. You would think that the 530i w/sports package has the same platform as the M5!

·
Registered
223 Posts
tprenaldo said:
you'd think - but on my e39 (non-M5) in order to get the M5 wheels & tire sizes to fit i had to roll/cut the fender flange and install the M5 wheel liners so it would not rub. It's not too much work, but more than just bolting them on :).

·
Registered
256 Posts
tprenaldo said:
If after your research you confirm you can fit the E60 M5 wheels and you are interested to purchase a set, I am selling my M5 wheels & tyres which arrive on my car in the next few weeks. I am replacing my standard wheels with 21" Hartge wheels & tyres to suit.

I am a long distance away, although you will probably have to wait much longer for wheels as spare parts to arrive into the US given the cars are not expected for a few months yet.

If you are interested send me an email.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1.NEON said:
If after your research you confirm you can fit the E60 M5 wheels and you are interested to purchase a set, I am selling my M5 wheels & tyres which arrive on my car in the next few weeks. I am replacing my standard wheels with 21" Hartge wheels & tyres to suit.

I am a long distance away, although you will probably have to wait much longer for wheels as spare parts to arrive into the US given the cars are not expected for a few months yet.

If you are interested send me an email.
That's an option. I'd be interested to know what brand tyres they are?
Where exactly are you located? I'm in Maryland, USA!

·
Registered
256 Posts
tprenaldo said:
That's an option. I'd be interested to know what brand tyres they are?
Where exactly are you located? I'm in Maryland, USA!
I am in Sydney, Australia & believe all of our cars will get either Michelin Pilot Sport 2 or Continental Conti Sport 2, I won't no till it arrives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts