BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend is looking for an E34 M5 ( im looking on his behalf too ) ............ ideally 3.8 , sub 100k prefered . Must be FSH , straight and honest and HPi clear. So far we have seen severall cars , all of which were well past their sell by dates and all had millenium falcon mileage and all had faults/items not working. In all cases what we had been told transpired not to be the case when we got there to view. ( none from this forum )
We have no interest in paying a premium / inflated prices a la Munich Legends . Looking in the 7-10 K region. We are located in Kent.
If anyone has a nice car they wish to part with , please get in touch.

Thanks in advance
Nat
( E39 M5 )

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi,

Just some food for thought. Munich Legends does indeed put a premium on its cars, but on the other hand it also means that the car you´re buying is in good condition (absolutely no work to be done, in most cases). Plus, you get warranty.

Another thing is that once you tell them you want to buy the car and you sit down to talk to them, you are almost always able to shed off $$$ from the asking price

Or...

As you said, buy it off one of the fine gentlemen on this board. ;)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Hi Nat
Good luck with finding a good one.
There is a lot of dross out there, often in the traders.
Try & get one from the board members if you can.
A couple of the guys were selling theirs & they both sounded like cracking cars. One was a LE from memory but more than 10k but low miles & worth every penny.
The other was about 7k but was a very good performer as I remember.

I know Pepmeister recommended ML but I am only in Essex so not far from this bunch.
I have had personal experience of ML with my own car & an LHD 3.8 6 spd sold by them which I looked at on a hoist a couple of weeks a go.
All I will say is "BUYER BEWARE"

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
163 Posts
farrell said:
Hi Nat
Good luck with finding a good one.
There is a lot of dross out there, often in the traders.
Try & get one from the board members if you can.
A couple of the guys were selling theirs & they both sounded like cracking cars. One was a LE from memory but more than 10k but low miles & worth every penny.
The other was about 7k but was a very good performer as I remember.

I know Pepmeister recommended ML but I am only in Essex so not far from this bunch.
I have had personal experience of ML with my own car & an LHD 3.8 6 spd sold by them which I looked at on a hoist a couple of weeks a go.
All I will say is "BUYER BEWARE"

Regards
Farrell
Saw a really nice low mileage one on ebay atm, might be worth checking out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9837&item=4539462578&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nat,

The link in the previous post (thanks Ste) is for my car. The only problem I forsee is that I'm outside your price range but if it helps I'll push the price up to 7K ;-)

I'd be happy tell you more about the car if you wish.

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I know where there is a nice Macau Blue MINT 3.8 5 speed Touring for sale with 85k on the clock.

Ive seen and heard the car in real life, brilliant is the only descrption.

Remember they are LHD only.

£8750

If your interested give me an email on [email protected] and I will give you sellers details.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Kurt Ramsden said:
Nat,

The link in the previous post (thanks Ste) is for my car. The only problem I forsee is that I'm outside your price range but if it helps I'll push the price up to 7K ;-)

I'd be happy tell you more about the car if you wish.

Cheers

Kurt
Sorry Kurt
Your M5 was the one I was thinking of that put out the impressive output figures on the rolling road. I think yours has the full suspension conversion as well from memory. Bl**dy bargain at under 7k IMHO.

Good luck with selling it.

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hi Nat

Check your PM`s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts