BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How u doin guys,

I was cruising around after I went to the company because now it's 2100km driven. They told me to pass by tomorrow because it'll take time for the service.

I saw a white Subaru STI came up behind me. I have my car on p400 S4 mode, I can't press the M button because the guys in the BMW programmed the car to not take effect when the power button is pressed. He zoomed past me on the left, I coudn't follow him because it was too thin on the left side . So I tried to pass the traffic and I saw him far away. So I followed him till the end of the stretch, he made a U-turn under the bridge and I went on the bridge. I waited for him to show up again and on the beginning on the stretch I found him. I waited for him to press it and he waited too. so he went on front of me and floored it. I got it to 1st gear and floored it a bit after him. We stayed the same distance all the way, as we try to pass cars and the M5 struggled to take hold of the road and it does that in an astonishing way. I was giving it my max, bringing it to above 8 rpm and changing. It felt so good at high rpms with a better sound than usual but waiting till I get 500hp on the beast :biggrin:. On the end, I went beside him to see but he had approx. 80% tint and didn't open his window so I left him.

That STI is wicked and I saw black rims on it, with red huge brakes. So I guess he tuned it to around 300hp. Next time. when I finish the break in, he'll be so suprised of how much I'll kill his white azz with just one button :M5launch:.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
dude, you have great future in car betting if you can judge hp by calipers and rims alone... :1:

that sti could've been 270hp or 570hp- you will not know unless you know the mods or you talk to the guy.. turbo cars are very hard (if not impossible) to judge just by the sound and exhaust mods. no lumpy cams or visible rearend to give away hp ballpark...

nevertheless... if it got your heart rate going- it was a good race :M5launch:

alex
few cars

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AJ said:
dude, you have great future in car betting if you can judge hp by calipers and rims alone... :1:

that sti could've been 270hp or 570hp- you will not know unless you know the mods or you talk to the guy.. turbo cars are very hard (if not impossible) to judge just by the sound and exhaust mods. no lumpy cams or visible rearend to give away hp ballpark...

nevertheless... if it got your heart rate going- it was a good race :M5launch:

alex
few cars
I raced Another STI previously, a stocked one, while I had it p400 s2 mode while i was around 1000km so I had to rev it to 5 and change, he coudn't get away from me we were tied...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jad are you serious? Im not doubting your word but the other day I was driving on I-90 in CT to Boston in my E39 M5 (stock) and came across a black STI (it had rims, tints, and brakes but I would bet the engine wasn't touched). We went for 3 runs, all from ~25mph to ~120. I'd pull slightly in the beginning and by 60mph I'd be atleast half a car length infront. Over 80mph I'd pull really strong and by 120 he was several car length's behind.

What puzzles me from the way you described your encounters with the STI is the fact that the new M5 in P400 might not be as fast as the E39 (in a straight line ofcourse, although one has to consider many variables such as shfiting etc, but lets just say for the average driver). Maybe at 2100km your car just wasn't broken in all the way?

Anyhow, you have a really nice car, have fun with it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikhail said:
Jad are you serious? Im not doubting your word but the other day I was driving on I-90 in CT to Boston in my E39 M5 (stock) and came across a black STI (it had rims, tints, and brakes but I would bet the engine wasn't touched). We went for 3 runs, all from ~25mph to ~120. I'd pull slightly in the beginning and by 60mph I'd be atleast half a car length infront. Over 80mph I'd pull really strong and by 120 he was several car length's behind.

What puzzles me from the way you described your encounters with the STI is the fact that the new M5 in P400 might not be as fast as the E39 (in a straight line ofcourse, although one has to consider many variables such as shfiting etc, but lets just say for the average driver). Maybe at 2100km your car just wasn't broken in all the way?

Anyhow, you have a really nice car, have fun with it!
it was my guess so I could be wrong. Maybe the previous guy couldn't shift the gears well while the other in the white STI can. Ill find out about it. My friend knows the person in the previous STI and hez only 19, so Ill ask him about the white one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ran my E39 last week with a modified Mitsi EVO with a front mount intercooler, exhaust and etc......We went rolling from 60mph and my E39 is stock with 20 inch rims (have been told larger rims slow down the car) and we were side by side up to 120 mph and from 120mph - 140 mph I started to pull on him slowly.....We pulled off the expressway and came togther at the traffic light and the guy in the EVO told me he had the turbo also upgraded and that he was making like 450 hp.....Im sure the EVO dosent have the top end due to the all wheel drive......But I figured the E60 would be faster with 400 hp then the current E39 maybe its a difference in weight....Jay.S

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TOPSUPRA said:
I ran my E39 last week with a modified Mitsi EVO with a front mount intercooler, exhaust and etc......We went rolling from 60mph and my E39 is stock with 20 inch rims (have been told larger rims slow down the car) and we were side by side up to 120 mph and from 120mph - 140 mph I started to pull on him slowly.....We pulled off the expressway and came togther at the traffic light and the guy in the EVO told me he had the turbo also upgraded and that he was making like 450 hp.....Im sure the EVO dosent have the top end due to the all wheel drive......But I figured the E60 would be faster with 400 hp then the current E39 maybe its a difference in weight....Jay.S
well, i figure the e60 in s5 mode p400 will have same 0-60 time than e39. but the evo having 450 hp? the FQ400 catches up with a murcielago in top gear! i raced w/my friends murcielago and he just wipes me off in mere seconds...(but acceleration from standstill is a different story because he cant launch the car properly ). will post vids soon....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts