BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
How u doin ppl,

the videos of the M5 and the Murcielago can be found in the ftp site: ftp://bmw:[email protected] . Do not download the following files because as I was uploading them, the electricity went off a couple of times and I can't remove them: MOV00139 and MOV00140. If some of u coudn't enter the ftp site, use Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla or anything else.

Anyways, it was quite an experience and I pushed the M5 to the hardest limit I think the M5 can ever take. my car was 2900km driven, I was in the beach with my friend who has a Murcielago. We agreed to leave together after that. Later, as we were leaving, my friend who came with me went in the Murcielago and recorded on his phone(I'll get them soon, i'll let ya know).

He has Quicksilver exausts added to it, so it's close to 600hp. That thing is LOUD!!!! so loud that on the highway, I was behind him and I couldn't hear my car at all! Even when I reach the redline, I can forget about changing the gear so I had to look at the rev counter and the lambo at the same time. I used P500 Sport S4 mode, and I used the S6 mode a little on the video when we were standstill and then I took off before him.

Of course he can wipe me off in a straight line race, but 0-100 can be difficult for him because he might smoke the clutch if he tries launches it improperly. But I can beat him anytime in a street race because sometimes he has to slow down from cars and then he has to rev it up to 4 to get the full power of it if u guys know what I mean(the lambos speed don't take full effect between 0 and 4rpm and after that, whoosh it goes. I think it's for safety reasons). in the tunnel video, he was going in the turn between 160-180km/h, and I was sliding and losing control a bit on my car , so I had to slow down, it was so much fun sliding a bit on a turn at high speeds :noSMG: .

Also, he couldn't take me off his rear mirror at all, no matter how fast he goes. I stayed up his *** most of the way. I passed him twice and went really far from him because he had trouble in the traffic, so I had to wait for him :haha2:.

after that, we stopped aside. My car's temperature was close to 125 degrees!! so I kept it on till the oil cools off a bit. my friend said that he never knew the M5 is THAT powerful. I can kill our gallardo. I haven't raced it yet but I am SURE it can smoke it easy..

I am beggining to be an M fan, in fact becoming a fanatic. It isn't the straight line performance or a record lap time in the Nurburgring that defines the car. It's also the handling, fun factor, sliding ability, nimbleness, etc... and all M powered cars fulfill every aspect, from ooold to modern. The M5 produced a thrill I never had before. My heart beats fast when I use it to drift or going fast. I never had that thrill since I first came in my cousin's M3, but the M5 is more because I am the one driving this time. I took some ppl who use to tell me "why r u buying an M5, u r making a huge mistake" for a ride and they are totally amazed, even my friend who has an Sl55 AMG.

"It's an epic car, just brilliant", JC :M5thumbs:.

Coming soon(maybe), there have been races going on in a banned airport 2 hours away from my place, I'm thinking of going there and smoke some cars there( Dodge Viper SRT10, Mustang modded, Supra, mostly american muscle cars). So I'm going to practice some 0-100 times before Sunday so I can get a clean launch in the race, or maybe do it from 50km/h. Don't worry, I'll have my DVD-cam ready and they'll have videocams too. Do u guys think I can use the Launch control once(for racing with a powerrful car?), now it's 3140km driven...

Hope u guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed that day :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great story.

Will try video download later

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:hihi: Nice to hear. I was also amazed at the M5 when we first drove it in March. Im downloading the movies now.

Jad said:
I am beggining to be an M fan, in fact becoming a fanatic. It isn't the straight line performance or a record lap time in the Nurburgring that defines the car. It's also the handling, fun factor, sliding ability, nimbleness, etc... and all M powered cars fulfill every aspect, from ooold to modern. The M5 produced a thrill I never had before. My heart beats fast when I use it to drift or going fast. I never had that thrill since I first came in my cousin's M3, but the M5 is more because I am the one driving this time. I took some ppl who use to tell me "why r u buying an M5, u r making a huge mistake" for a ride and they are totally amazed, even my friend who has an Sl55 AMG.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
the way the murci pulls the m5- does not look right at all. such catch-up is typical for cars with 200hp advantage... did you have 5 ppl in your car?

and 50hp from quicksilver with stock (i assume) headers on a murci? i dont think so. maybe 10-15hp max...

the gallardo is not much faster than a murci and we know that the m5 will stick to a gallardo at any speeds... your video shows a slaughter, not a race...

but definitely looked like fun :)

alex
few cars

·
Registered
680 Posts
AJ said:
the way the murci pulls the m5- does not look right at all. such catch-up is typical for cars with 200hp advantage... did you have 5 ppl in your car?

and 50hp from quicksilver with stock (i assume) headers on a murci? i dont think so. maybe 10-15hp max...

the gallardo is not much faster than a murci and we know that the m5 will stick to a gallardo at any speeds... your video shows a slaughter, not a race...

but definitely looked like fun :)

alex
few cars
Doesn't the murci have 580bhp stock? So I guess an exhaust can put it close to 600bhp.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
duh, i thought it had about 550 stock.. nevertheless, the beating it put on the m5 does not look right.. 100hp more in the 500-600hp range translates into creep forward, not running away and hiding...

alex
few cars

·
Registered
445 Posts
AJ said:
duh, i thought it had about 550 stock.. nevertheless, the beating it put on the m5 does not look right.. 100hp more in the 500-600hp range translates into creep forward, not running away and hiding...

alex
few cars
my interpretation is that theres atleast three in the m5 and its difficult to tell what gear each car is in and who goes wot and at what time they did. There didn't seem to be a definitve race. The Murc is v.fast though

·
Registered
188 Posts
SAME STORY AS USUAL!!!

I CANT SEE THE VIDEOS.. CANT ACCESS FTP SERVERS ON MY PROVIDER SO CAN NEVER SEE THESE VIDEOS!!

ALL I WISH FOR IS TO RIGHT CLICK OVER A LINK RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD AND CLICK 'SAVE TARGET AS' AND THEN IT DOWNLOADS!!

NO BULL **** FTPS!!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
greggb: if you want to be a member here please behave. Alot of other members have the problems that you have without cursing or write with capital letters. Consider this as a warning.

If you do not like a FTP server I suggest you to find a place where you can host them. There is cots involved with hosting popular programs on the Internet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
if you cant use the following link

ftp://bmw:[email protected]/

to get into the fttp server you should make the following changes to your registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE]
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000
"explorer.exe"=dword:00000000

·
Registered
188 Posts
When have I ever misbehaved?? We aren't children here.. this is a forum where people EXPRESS their opinions.. which is exactly what I did Gustav..

Just get a little frustrated sometimes.. but dont worry.. making some plans for this FTP thing.. should be able to use FTP site by end of next week..

So all is cool then!! :biggrin: No worries! :)

Gustav said:
greggb: if you want to be a member here please behave. Alot of other members have the problems that you have without cursing or write with capital letters. Consider this as a warning.

If you do not like a FTP server I suggest you to find a place where you can host them. There is cots involved with hosting popular programs on the Internet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks.. will have a look at this too.. :cheers:

hal2000 said:
if you cant use the following link

ftp://bmw:[email protected]/

to get into the fttp server you should make the following changes to your registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE]
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000
"explorer.exe"=dword:00000000

·
Registered
573 Posts
Jad said:
How u doin ppl,

the videos of the M5 and the Murcielago can be found in the ftp site: ftp://bmw:[email protected] . Do not download the following files because as I was uploading them, the electricity went off a couple of times and I can't remove them: MOV00139 and MOV00140. If some of u coudn't enter the ftp site, use Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla or anything else.

Anyways, it was quite an experience and I pushed the M5 to the hardest limit I think the M5 can ever take. my car was 2900km driven, I was in the beach with my friend who has a Murcielago. We agreed to leave together after that. Later, as we were leaving, my friend who came with me went in the Murcielago and recorded on his phone(I'll get them soon, i'll let ya know).

He has Quicksilver exausts added to it, so it's close to 600hp. That thing is LOUD!!!! so loud that on the highway, I was behind him and I couldn't hear my car at all! Even when I reach the redline, I can forget about changing the gear so I had to look at the rev counter and the lambo at the same time. I used P500 Sport S4 mode, and I used the S6 mode a little on the video when we were standstill and then I took off before him.

Of course he can wipe me off in a straight line race, but 0-100 can be difficult for him because he might smoke the clutch if he tries launches it improperly. But I can beat him anytime in a street race because sometimes he has to slow down from cars and then he has to rev it up to 4 to get the full power of it if u guys know what I mean(the lambos speed don't take full effect between 0 and 4rpm and after that, whoosh it goes. I think it's for safety reasons). in the tunnel video, he was going in the turn between 160-180km/h, and I was sliding and losing control a bit on my car , so I had to slow down, it was so much fun sliding a bit on a turn at high speeds :noSMG: .

Also, he couldn't take me off his rear mirror at all, no matter how fast he goes. I stayed up his *** most of the way. I passed him twice and went really far from him because he had trouble in the traffic, so I had to wait for him :haha2:.

after that, we stopped aside. My car's temperature was close to 125 degrees!! so I kept it on till the oil cools off a bit. my friend said that he never knew the M5 is THAT powerful. I can kill our gallardo. I haven't raced it yet but I am SURE it can smoke it easy..

"It's an epic car, just brilliant", JC :M5thumbs:.

Coming soon(maybe), there have been races going on in a banned airport 2 hours away from my place, I'm thinking of going there and smoke some cars there( Dodge Viper SRT10, Mustang modded, Supra, mostly american muscle cars). So I'm going to practice some 0-100 times before Sunday so I can get a clean launch in the race, or maybe do it from 50km/h. Don't worry, I'll have my DVD-cam ready and they'll have videocams too. Do u guys think I can use the Launch control once(for racing with a powerrful car?), now it's 3140km driven...

Hope u guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed that day :thumbsup: .
the first thing i noticed was the spoken arabic :byee55amg ....is this recorded in lebanon?

·
Registered
445 Posts
greggb said:
When have I ever misbehaved?? We aren't children here.. this is a forum where people EXPRESS their opinions.. which is exactly what I did Gustav..

Just get a little frustrated sometimes.. but dont worry.. making some plans for this FTP thing.. should be able to use FTP site by end of next week..

So all is cool then!! :biggrin: No worries! :)
Gustav doesn't like bulls or their excretions ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
apart from the smell of lambos exhaust, you cant not love that

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
marwan said:
the first thing i noticed was the spoken arabic :byee55amg ....is this recorded in lebanon?
Yes it is from Lebanon, on the way from Jbeil to Beirut (usually takes more than an hour with that traffic!!) Here's my friend's videos from the Murci, found in the same FTP place. I know it's a bit bad quality, but it's watchable. I know I know, when u guys see how I drive with the M5, u'd think I'm crazy, just like that Russian vid of M5 vs. RS4 I think, but I am a careful driver :flag: .

View the videos with Realplayer.

For those of u who can't enter the FTP, try to delete the files and cookies u have, close the Internet and reopen and try again. Can u put them in another site Gustav? I tried to upload the vids to the site but a problem comes and it got sent to u guys about it.

it's found in ftp://67.19.159.71 in New Folder in a zip file because i cant seem to log in the other FTP site

1 - 20 of 34 Posts