BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
max_m5 said:
On the 27th, it's hour of truth:

The new AMS is testing the new M5 against the CLS55 AMG!!!

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/69229/d_ams_heft_vorschau
By the way: i don't understand why the test a sedan against a coupe...
Max, which of both cars, do you think, is a coupe?

both have 4 doors and the CLS is definately NOT A COUPE!!!

it is an e-class priced as a s-class with a look of a...

just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
alsahher said:
cant wait to see the results.. .

by the way CLS is a coupe.. in mercedes benz its come under the category of coupe..just i dont know why
It is a case of Mercedes creating a new definition of coupe.

That is a sedan... period. No modifications to the definitions of coupe and sedan are going to change that.

They can call it a coupe, or a banana split for all I care... it is still a sedan.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't know where they're getting this "coupe" thing from. Personally, I do not like the car. I have been bashing MB regarding this car because it seemed that all they did was put new "clothes" on the E-class body, stuff in the 5.5 and throw on AMG badges. I was just dong some reading on it that makes it sound like AMG actually addressed a lot of the negatives in past AMG cars. Steering feel (or lack thereof), made some adjustments to SBC, etc. If that is true, you have no idea how pissed off I will be!! Hmm, since they share the same chasis, I wonder if I can retrofit the steering, LOL.

Do you think this will fly: "Debra, you know how after a year with my E500 I just had to have the E55 or I would die? Well, I've had the E55 since May and there's this new AMG..." See Chris duck as everything in reach gets thrown his way. I guess I need to hope for the retro-fit!

·
Registered
369 Posts
the car has too many doors for a coupe.

maybe mercedes will call the next M-class a coupe, because of a very fluent design...

they can say what they want. they could also call their e-class a convertible, because of the big sun roof...

:7::7::7:

·
Registered
424 Posts
CHECK THIS OUT :thumbsup:

Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary:

Definition
coupé
noun [C]
a car with a fixed roof, two doors, two or four seats, and usually a sloping back.

Mercedes-Benz:

The exclusive new CLS-Class four-door coupé will be a car for connoisseurs. A machine built for those who appreciate craftsmanship and class, people who know what they want - the moment they see it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
CEC said:
It's a coudan.
Coudan ... I like that :D

CLS is a sedan - Benz can call it whatever they like, or twist definitions, it's all high-class marketing BS. What's next? They might as well put the CL and SL classes under sedan.

·
Registered
369 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Coudan ... I like that :D

CLS is a sedan - Benz can call it whatever they like, or twist definitions, it's all high-class marketing BS. What's next? They might as well put the CL and SL classes under sedan.
some spies told me, that they are working on a seven seater s-class with five doors, diesel engine, offroad capabilities and a huge automatic roof ala sl, so you can use it as a convertible too and enjoy driving open with your whole family. did i mention, that this car shoul be called the new compact-class? because it combines the advantages of four car segments in one...

·
Registered
816 Posts
9852147 said:
some spies told me, that they are working on a seven seater s-class with five doors, diesel engine, offroad capabilities and a huge automatic roof ala sl, so you can use it as a convertible too and enjoy driving open with your whole family. did i mention, that this car shoul be called the new compact-class? because it combines the advantages of four car segments in one...
Sure ... it will also handle like a 1917 WWI German tank, while I cruize past in a blink in my 2005 E63 M6 :biggrin: and give it a :byebye:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts