BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night, on the way home, just as i get on shakeshore drive, i saw a CL 55 amg. my engine just finished warming up, so i was ok to race. pulled up next to him, revved, and dropped it just so he know what's up. i look over and he definetely wants to play. :D I let him go first and then punch it. We were even for like a second and then i started to pull. i shut it down with about 1 carlength in front because speeds were over 100 and it's a 45 mph limit with lots of cops. we did this couple more times, but much shorter sprints because of traffic. as i was getting off on Norht Ave, i gave him a thumb up and noticed that he was following. Maybe he wanted to go from a stop?. We get stuck at the light next to each other and spark up a conversation.

Me: " Nice ride, didn't think that you'd play"
Him: " Thanks, what do you have under the hood?"

At this point i'm like what the f**k, you couldn't see the M5 badge as i was pulling away? I mean come on, i was in front of him even after the race when we were stuck in traffic. how could you not know what's an M5. Just proves that people who buy Amg are not really enthusiasts or at the least bit of car knowledge.

Me: " 5 Litter V8"
Him: " That thing is fast!"
Me: " thanks"

After the light turned green, i turned right and headed home.

Before everyone starts to doubt this, he had two people in the car, driver and passenger, the CL is heavy as hell aslo. In addition, i think it was the 2001 Amg not the Kompressor V8. Or it was the kompressor v8 and he was shocked at the result because he knew that the had 100 hp on me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Let me get this straight. You think all AMG owners don't know cars or aren't enthusiasts, (stupid comment to make) and you're insulted he didn't know your car. But you have no idea what he had and you're the expert?

·
Registered
111 Posts
E55AMG said:
Let me get this straight. You think all AMG owners don't know cars or aren't enthusiasts, (stupid comment to make) and you're insulted he didn't know your car. But you have no idea what he had and you're the expert?
hahah, couldn't help but laugh at the above quote.

I went to Mercedes today and took a look at their C55. Wow, what a beautiful interior. I don't know if it can be matched. Performance wise, the car is pretty sweet as well. Wish Mercedes had a stick…, hopefully the E60 M5 will – heard some rumors lately that they will bring it to our shores with a manual option.

I also sat in the E55..., so lucky you E55AMG. Those are beauties as well! For some reason though, the C55 seemed to have a better cabin feeling. Don't know why, maybe because it was more compact giving a more comfy sensation.

Bojan

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E55AMG said:
actually i did know what amg it was. it had two strippes on the back lights which signifies that it was the pre-kopmressor amg. all the newer mercedes have three strippes. i just said that it might have been the kompressor to try to explain why he asked me what i had under the hood. as for the comment about amg owner, i should clarify. there are some that actually know things, but they are few and far apart. most people buy the amg because it's a benz and an amg as well. mercedes has a huge prestige rep that follows them especially if it an amg, which comprises a huge part of why people buy them. also, the knowledge seems to decrease the higher up the make. there are always exceptions, so don't go quoting me again. most importantly, you wouldn't have been as insulted if you didn't own an E55 amg. people are always more enthusiastic when it comes to the cars that they drive, but maybe you should channel that enthusiasm on the right forum. ehh?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gustav said:
Good work! Lucky you it was not a CL55 Kompressor V8 :)
i wish it was the kompressor. that would have been really interesting. although it has an extra 100hp on me, it does weight much more. also the guy had a side passenger which would have added an extra 200lbs to the weight. i think since we raced from higher speeds, i might have been able to take him considering the circumstances. the CL's are not as fast as some people think they are.

·
Registered
258 Posts
HOLY SMOKES MY BROTHERS SAW THIS RACE!! They followed you guys for awhile! THey thought you guys knew each other. I hear it was one hell of a race, but did not hear it ended the exact way you said! Haha, i hear that the 55 was pulling ahead its fair share, but you did take it a few times too. Anyway awesome race and congrats!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I beat the cl55 kompressor a few months ago. You need some mods and a great launch to be able to keep up with that monster. I held about half a car to 110 miles an hour. The guy was shocked at the result. He said, "Do you have a chip or something because I have 493 horsepower." I just smiled and said yeah.

Andrew

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow, good work!

Ruffinit, ti si a small m5board.com world ;)

apk1013 said:
I beat the cl55 kompressor a few months ago. You need some mods and a great launch to be able to keep up with that monster. I held about half a car to 110 miles an hour. The guy was shocked at the result. He said, "Do you have a chip or something because I have 493 horsepower." I just smiled and said yeah.

Andrew

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ruffinit said:
HOLY SMOKES MY BROTHERS SAW THIS RACE!! They followed you guys for awhile! THey thought you guys knew each other. I hear it was one hell of a race, but did not hear it ended the exact way you said! Haha, i hear that the 55 was pulling ahead its fair share, but you did take it a few times too. Anyway awesome race and congrats!
the amg pulled ahead once or twice because i let off. the speeds were too high for lakeshore and at some stretches the road was just horrible. the first time we raced, we started on the smooth stretch, but towards the end of the run we hit the bad stretch so i let off the gas and he kept on going. it felt like the car was going to come apart at those speeds on that stretch of road.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
apk1013 said:

Andrew
i have a chip, which probably doesn't help too much alone, but i will have an dinan exhaust in a week or so. it's the weight that holds the CL down. yeah it's got a 493hp engine, but it weighs a ton too. if you considere that he had an extra passinger and i didn't and that the race was at highway speeds where i m5 shines, it's completely possible to beat a kopressor given the mentioned circumstances

·
Registered
108 Posts
ContractR said:
. the CL's are not as fast as some people think they are.
oh yes they r. it blows my ferrari away once we get moving.

and it's only a couple of hundred pounds more than ur m5.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ContractR said:
it's the weight that holds the CL down. yeah it's got a 493hp engine, but it weighs a ton too.
contract how much do you think the m5 weighs? and how much do you think the cl weighs?

take ur m5 to the track, u'll feel the weight. it's also a very heavy car. a great car- but a heavy car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
johnw said:
contract how much do you think the m5 weighs? and how much do you think the cl weighs?

take ur m5 to the track, u'll feel the weight. it's also a very heavy car. a great car- but a heavy car.
i didn't say that the m5 is a feather-weight, but it is lighter than the cl by a few hundred pounds.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Contrat r:

Were you on the Kennedy or Lake Shore Drive?

I was racing a Vette on the I- 55 yesterday and there were cops everywhere.....

RKM

·
Registered
661 Posts
HAHAHA! So this guy lost to a heavier and less powerful automatic car and them come to the board to brag about it? Can you say OWNED!!!? hiha

Ruffinit said:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
dmz said:
HAHAHA! So this guy lost to a heavier and less powerful automatic car and them come to the board to brag about it? Can you say OWNED!!!? hiha
no i didn't loose. i explained somewhere above why it seemed that he was ahead. i may have this wrong, but when you can see the other guy in your side mirror, i don't think that he's leading. secondly, if you're going to try to burn somebody, at least do it correctly. what are you in second grade, " and then came" not " and then come"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts