BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since we now the new C 63 amg smokes the E92 m3, how it should go against the M5??

ANYONE with any storie?? :haha:

drag racing like 100km/h till 250 km/h??

gustav.....:cheers:??

·
Registered
505 Posts
who said it smokes the m3 ? i saw a video on autocar i think drag race from 0 and the m3 won and its a m3 sedan + we are waiting for the m3 dct

·
Registered
994 Posts
Straightline a C63 will beat the V8 M3 more than it loses. However, in the twists the M3 owns it.

As for the M5, well the C63 is going to get beaten in the straights and the twists (though not as comprehensively in the twists as the M3 manages to do)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Do you guys not smell a troll after that first post? Come on.
The guy obviously has no clue about driving or cars in general beyond being a MB fan boy.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys not smell a troll after that first post? Come on.
The guy obviously has no clue about driving or cars in general beyond being a MB fan boy.
no im not a MB fan boy...

i never had a MB, or better, i own a M3. but im just being honest. this AMG is very impressive,the first one IMO.
look at this....

C63 speedo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKEGFUWBekA
M3 speedo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErC19y44pM

by the way the numbers confirm this thing too.

we must be realist.

i think that the M5 must be faster, but i think it will be a good race....:hihi:

i just wanna now if someone have tried this....;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
since we now the new C 63 amg smokes the E92 m3, how it should go against the M5??

ANYONE with any storie?? :haha:

drag racing like 100km/h till 250 km/h??

gustav.....:cheers:??
If you haven't seen Gustav's thread with video footage of the new M3 with DKG, you might want to check it out before deciding that the C63 AMG is convincingly faster. With the faster shift times and shorter gearing, the DKG should be even faster than the manual version. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117055

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok. I have to weigh in on this one. M5 is faster than M3. That's a given. The C63 has the same engine as the E63 but is a couple hundred pounds lighter. It' does quarter mile in the mid 12's just like the M5. IMO, they are about the same. The C63 is every bit as fast as the E63 if not slightly faster thus we are on par. No I'm not MB biased as I own an E60 M5 but those are just plain facts folks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ok. I have to weigh in on this one. M5 is faster than M3. That's a given. The C63 has the same engine as the E63 but is a couple hundred pounds lighter. It' does quarter mile in the mid 12's just like the M5. IMO, they are about the same. The C63 is every bit as fast as the E63 if not slightly faster thus we are on par. No I'm not MB biased as I own an E60 M5 but those are just plain facts folks.
The C63 may have the same engine but it has 56 less HP and over 20 lb-ft less torque. While it isnt a HUGE difference, its still significant enough to make the E63 faster. So no, the C63 and E63 aren't the same.

I DO, however, think the C63 could hang with the M5 (if not beat it) off the line. As always, I hope, the M5 would shine as the speed climbs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The C63 may have the same engine but it has 56 less HP and over 20 lb-ft less torque. While it isnt a HUGE difference, its still significant enough to make the E63 faster. So no, the C63 and E63 aren't the same.

I DO, however, think the C63 could hang with the M5 (if not beat it) off the line. As always, I hope, the M5 would shine as the speed climbs.
That's what MB says but it's really not de-tuned but rather underrated so that the E63 buyer's egos aren't bruised. Most of the mags seems to be getting about a tenth or two quicker than E63 1/4 mile times. Dragtimes.com seems to show it's every bit as fast. But who cares? Almost all M5 buyers would never consider the C63 anyways. But gotta give props when props are due.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's what MB says but it's really not de-tuned but rather underrated so that the E63 buyer's egos aren't bruised. Most of the mags seems to be getting about a tenth or two quicker than E63 1/4 mile times. Dragtimes.com seems to show it's every bit as fast. But who cares? Almost all M5 buyers would never consider the C63 anyways. But gotta give props when props are due.
+1

anyone who's paid attention to mb/amg over the past several years knows how mb plays this game and mosesgolf is spot on.

·
Registered
505 Posts
this video is clearly FAKE!

at 3min 24 seg =in first m3 ---- 3min 25seg =C63 in first ---- 3min26seg = M in first again!!!! very very strange!

look at this!
thats what really happens!

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=usQi1peqQOs at the final there is a drag race between both...

ur video is fake not the 1 b4 topgear sucks

<DIR>

</DIR>
:byee55amg
ur video is fake not the 1 b4 topgear sucks

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The C63 will be murdered by the M5.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know this is how it was done with the 55 engines but am not sure it holds true for the 63. If you look at most times magazines have recorded for the c63 its only trapping 113 which would make me think they actually detuned it.

+1

anyone who's paid attention to mb/amg over the past several years knows how mb plays this game and mosesgolf is spot on.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Twisties... LOL

Seriously, like all AMG's, it is a beast in the straight line, but I can definitely say I don't miss the pig of a handler my E55 was. I know the C63 probably out handles the E, but still, MB just sucks when it comes to full driving dynamic.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts