BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Came up against a Porsche 911 Turbo going through the Blackwall tunnel on Friday night. He kept zooming up behind me and sitting right on my ***, trying to goad me into a race. I got rid of my 911 Turbo just before I took delivery of my M5 so I was desparate to see how it stood up against one. We got through the tunnel and were stuck in traffic, but he was obviously keen to show me up. As soon as my lane was clear I floored it in second at around 40. I wish I could tell you that it was a close race, but it just wasn't! By 90 he was at least 100m behind. By 130 he was a speck in my mirror! I had to jump pretty hard on the brakes for a speed camera (50 limit) which allowed him to catch up so I thought I would try again. I waited until we were both clear of it's glare and then floored it again. Now, I know I had the advantage of being in front, but the gap that opened up again was more than that. He just didn't stand a chance!
:wroom:

We both took the next cut off and I made a point of moving over to the right lane at the last second so that he would have to pull up beside me. It was brilliant - He completely ignored me and refused to look over. Awesome!! :1:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice kill!

This is an awesome piece of car!

There is not much on the roads that could challenge the M5. Especially not from a rolling start.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
You were only missing a couple kids in the backseat to stick their tounges out at the guy through your back window!:1:

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asturias said:
Nice kill, must have been really awsome.

How many miles have you done so far?
Just under 3,000 and it's really starting to loosen up. Fuel consuption's improving too... I almost got into double figures the other day!! :crying:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Filthy Monkey: Thats Great! Looks like we've been doing the same thing.;)
Here are pics of my first run with my car after it was broken-in.
Main race was between my M5 and the 993 turbo and also a 996 gt3.
Need I say who won? :thumbsup: :M5thumbs: :flag: :cheers:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts