BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys..we are all on a five "5" day delay to complete manufacturing. I have been status 155 and the date for final inspection has been postponed for another 4-5 days on everyone for week 36. Sorry, I like to give better updates. I say we will be driving behind the wheel mid or third week october like I have said all along....

Floyd

·
Registered
331 Posts
m5floyd said:
Ok guys..we are all on a five "5" day delay to complete manufacturing. I have been status 155 and the date for final inspection has been postponed for another 4-5 days on everyone for week 36. Sorry, I like to give better updates. I say we will be driving behind the wheel mid or third week october like I have said all along....

Floyd

:grrrr:

put my money down almost 3 years ago... and these last few days are the ones that are killing me the most! thanks for the update, floyd. lets hope for no more delays.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must say, I am on the phone ever day after 3:00 "that is the Germany update time" checking status. I will keep all up to date as my car is finished but awaiting "checkout status" to go to the dock. They could be waiting on something as dumb as a first aid kit or a sticker required for a warning for US only. Who knows, 1 week to build a car and 5 days to make sure all is there? come on!!!!!!

FLOYD

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called the automated 800 number this evening and they said, "vehicle production is complete and you car is waiting to be assigned to a carrier". I'm assuming that means I am probably in the same situation as the others who are week 36. I'll call my dealer tomorrow to get a more detailed update and hopefully a VIN#. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an early October delivery. I remember on my E46 M3, it took 4 weeks from departure date to arrival at the dealership.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL..that is where I was YESTERDAY....and today they added 4 more days on the completion date. Go figure...I hope there is a mix up and I get the 9/11 boat going to Charleston, SC.

Floyd

FaastM5 said:
I called the automated 800 number this evening and they said, "vehicle production is complete and you car is waiting to be assigned to a carrier". I'm assuming that means I am probably in the same situation as the others who are week 36. I'll call my dealer tomorrow to get a more detailed update and hopefully a VIN#. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an early October delivery. I remember on my E46 M3, it took 4 weeks from departure date to arrival at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
according to oc site (delayed- i know), my car went into "scheduled for production" status this morning... for what it is worth...

alex
few cars

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
absent said:
I got my VIN # too,surprised I am so excited.....
Just got the VIN today also! Finally 'scheduled for production' also showed up today on the oc. Here's a review of the milestones and times I got from one of the reps:

Car started productin on Sept 5
Completion Sept 16
2 days to port
Could be in port 1-4 days depending on the loading status of the ship
7-10 days for the trip across the Atlantic
3-4 days in N.J.
1-2 days to get to dealer in Cincinnati.
1 day for dealer prep in Cincinnati. (Ha! Like I'm gonna let the car sit there for a day. They can prep it with me in it.)

Gives my pickup date of between 10/3 and 10/10 if these times are right.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
AJ said:
581390 is mine... i wonder how big the batch is...

alex
few cars
581362 here, so most likely the same batch of cars. What I heard though, is the ship will wait at the dock from 1-4 days before it departs. So it sounds like at least 4 days worth of production will be on the same ship to the US.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
as long as we know the ship departing date- we can find out the name and track it easily online... but i am not that anal... when it comes - it comes.
alex
few cars

1 - 20 of 498 Posts